UK & Ireland Meets & Events - Past Archive of old meets in the past

Next Yorkshire Meet - Longest Day Whitby Fish n'chip run - Thu 21st June

Old 05-20-2018, 11:51 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking Next Yorkshire Meet - Longest Day Whitby Fish n'chip run - Thu 21st June

MEET REPORT AND PHOTOS

Thanks to all who made it for the "Longest Day Whitby Run" on Thursday.
I think I speak for everyone in saying it was a great evening of driving, suberb weather , friendly social element and a tasty meal too of locally landed fish !
The award for the longest distance travelled goes to Dave and Grace from Grange over sands ( Nr Lancaster) who drove the breadth of the country to attend. Dave has owned his S for 9 yrs from new yet never driven with other S's and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. He is now in the process of joining S2UK!
Now we need to think of another Yorkshire event !

Photos below give a flavour of the evening -

Arrival at Whitby Harbour.

Whitby Abbey (home of Dracula) in the background

Local cod and haddock proving popular!

Last of the sunset before home leg.

Last edited by iandp; 06-25-2018 at 07:31 AM. Reason: Update with meet photos.
Old 05-21-2018, 08:20 AM
Administrator

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

Sounds awesome!! Well done for organising Ian!
Old 05-21-2018, 11:39 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

very interested in this!
Old 05-22-2018, 08:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interested

Hi Ian
Hope to make it
Old 05-24-2018, 04:59 AM

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Sounds great but I don't think I would make those tight timelines. Its an 1hr 15min to the first rendez-vous point for me, not taking into account rush hour traffic on M62. To try make the 6:30pm deadline would be a stretch for me. So I don't think I could make it from work (Leeds) back home to Bradford and then out again for 6:30pm.
Might have to miss this one...
Old 05-24-2018, 02:11 PM

Hi Ian ,you can count me in on the 21st June (my birthday) although I will have to meet on route, due to work.Might I suggest one meeting point at the entry road to Eden Camp as you come off the A64 onto the A169 road to Pickering,approx 25 miles from Whitby thanks for your efforts mate,lets hope we can get a few takers
Old 05-29-2018, 02:25 AM

Exclamation Yorkshire Meet, Whitby Run - Revised Times

I appreciated that timings are a little tight when planning this event, with an early start and this may be putting some potential attendees off. However !! Trenchers restaurant which has an excellent location by the Marina have agreed to offer last orders at 8.30pm. This means all timings can be delayed by half an hour - either join at the start point (now 7pm) or arranged rendez vous.

Allocated parking will be arranged in the Co-operative car park just opposite the restaurant.

Route will pass over the Eastern edge of the Yorkshire Wolds before crossing Vale of York and up onto the Moors towards Whitby.

7 cars attending so far but with revised timings some of the 17 interested will hopefully make it. Please update me via this forum rather than that sprawling mess called Facebook !!

Thanks, Ian

Last edited by iandp; 05-31-2018 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Restaurant name typo!
Old 05-29-2018, 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by H10NDR
Sounds great but I don't think I would make those tight timelines. Its an 1hr 15min to the first rendez-vous point for me, not taking into account rush hour traffic on M62. To try make the 6:30pm deadline would be a stretch for me. So I don't think I could make it from work (Leeds) back home to Bradford and then out again for 6:30pm.
Might have to miss this one...
Hi H10NDR
Understand your problem. See re arranged timings, hopefully this will make it a goer!

Either see you at YO43 3PN or perhaps Malton rendezvous (Eden Camp entrance A64/A169 jct) ?

Rgds
Ian
Old 05-29-2018, 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by yorkshire pud
Hi Ian ,you can count me in on the 21st June (my birthday) although I will have to meet on route, due to work.Might I suggest one meeting point at the entry road to Eden Camp as you come off the A64 onto the A169 road to Pickering,approx 25 miles from Whitby thanks for your efforts mate,lets hope we can get a few takers
Hi Mick
No Problem to make Malton rendezvouz at Eden Camp entrance (A64/A169 jct). Will avoid stopping in town and perhaps be quicker and easier to find for any joining at Malton.
Looks like 7 cars so far but sure it will be more.
Rgds
Ian
PS - looks like drinks on you!
Old 05-29-2018, 02:07 PM

Hi Ian pleased to see the interest growing on this one,I will meet up at Eden Camp, lets pray for good weather .
Cheers Mick

Quick Reply: Next Yorkshire Meet - Longest Day Whitby Fish n'chip run - Thu 21st June