Meet Next Yorkshire Meet - Longest Day Whitby Fish n'chip run - Thu 21st June - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

Go Back  S2KI Honda S2000 Forums > International Communities > UK & Ireland S2000 Community > UK & Ireland Meets and Events
Reload this Page >

Meet: Next Yorkshire Meet - Longest Day Whitby Fish n'chip run - Thu 21st June

UK & Ireland Meets and Events Let's all meet up in our S2000s!
Check out the List of Meets See what's on, meet other owners or organise a get together yourself!

Meet: Next Yorkshire Meet - Longest Day Whitby Fish n'chip run - Thu 21st June

Old 05-20-2018, 11:51 PM

Talking Next Yorkshire Meet - Longest Day Whitby Fish n'chip run - Thu 21st June

Timing change !!!!

Hi All

I tried to make the meeting time more convenient for those travelling some distance. However since doing so there has been no take up by those who advised of a problem in the first place!

The restaurant also now advise that group arrival near 8.30pm would jeopardise us getting a meal. Since the whole purpose is a Whitby Fish n’chip run then there is no option but to put the times back to the originals. I would not like to be responsible for all returning home hungry!

The original start time should also allow some photo opportunities with a good evening light on the moors. ( Think of the S2KUK calendar competition ! )

Times confirmation –

Langland’s Garden Centre Car park, Shiptonthorpe YO43 3PN 6.30pm depart

(Malton) Eden Camp entrance A64/A169 intersection 7.05pm

Pickering (if necessary) BP garage A169/A170 jct 7.15pm

Arrive Whitby Marina/Co-op car park 8.00pm

Trenchers Restaurant 8.10pm

With Facebook S2KUK attendees and the forum we now have 12 cars, with around 15 still “thinking”.

Please confirm attendance and rendez vous point on forum by the latest Tues night 19th June, with ideally a mobile No. – send by private msg or email if you wish.

Look forward to a great evening, will only cancel 24hrs in advance if weather forecast looks appalling.

Rgds
Ian

Last edited by iandp; 06-17-2018 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Time changes back to original
Old 05-21-2018, 08:20 AM
Administrator

Sounds awesome!! Well done for organising Ian!
Old 05-21-2018, 11:39 AM

very interested in this!
Old 05-22-2018, 08:43 AM

Default Interested

Hi Ian
Hope to make it
Old 05-24-2018, 04:59 AM

Sounds great but I don't think I would make those tight timelines. Its an 1hr 15min to the first rendez-vous point for me, not taking into account rush hour traffic on M62. To try make the 6:30pm deadline would be a stretch for me. So I don't think I could make it from work (Leeds) back home to Bradford and then out again for 6:30pm.
Might have to miss this one...
Old 05-24-2018, 02:11 PM

Hi Ian ,you can count me in on the 21st June (my birthday) although I will have to meet on route, due to work.Might I suggest one meeting point at the entry road to Eden Camp as you come off the A64 onto the A169 road to Pickering,approx 25 miles from Whitby thanks for your efforts mate,lets hope we can get a few takers
Old 05-29-2018, 02:25 AM

Exclamation Yorkshire Meet, Whitby Run - Revised Times

I appreciated that timings are a little tight when planning this event, with an early start and this may be putting some potential attendees off. However !! Trenchers restaurant which has an excellent location by the Marina have agreed to offer last orders at 8.30pm. This means all timings can be delayed by half an hour - either join at the start point (now 7pm) or arranged rendez vous.

Allocated parking will be arranged in the Co-operative car park just opposite the restaurant.

Route will pass over the Eastern edge of the Yorkshire Wolds before crossing Vale of York and up onto the Moors towards Whitby.

7 cars attending so far but with revised timings some of the 17 interested will hopefully make it. Please update me via this forum rather than that sprawling mess called Facebook !!

Thanks, Ian

Last edited by iandp; 05-31-2018 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Restaurant name typo!
Old 05-29-2018, 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by H10NDR View Post
Sounds great but I don't think I would make those tight timelines. Its an 1hr 15min to the first rendez-vous point for me, not taking into account rush hour traffic on M62. To try make the 6:30pm deadline would be a stretch for me. So I don't think I could make it from work (Leeds) back home to Bradford and then out again for 6:30pm.
Might have to miss this one...
Hi H10NDR
Understand your problem. See re arranged timings, hopefully this will make it a goer!

Either see you at YO43 3PN or perhaps Malton rendezvous (Eden Camp entrance A64/A169 jct) ?

Rgds
Ian
Old 05-29-2018, 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by yorkshire pud View Post
Hi Ian ,you can count me in on the 21st June (my birthday) although I will have to meet on route, due to work.Might I suggest one meeting point at the entry road to Eden Camp as you come off the A64 onto the A169 road to Pickering,approx 25 miles from Whitby thanks for your efforts mate,lets hope we can get a few takers
Hi Mick
No Problem to make Malton rendezvouz at Eden Camp entrance (A64/A169 jct). Will avoid stopping in town and perhaps be quicker and easier to find for any joining at Malton.
Looks like 7 cars so far but sure it will be more.
Rgds
Ian
PS - looks like drinks on you!
Old 05-29-2018, 02:07 PM

Hi Ian pleased to see the interest growing on this one,I will meet up at Eden Camp, lets pray for good weather .
Cheers Mick

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service