UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Bloody wheels!

Old 04-04-2002, 09:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bloody wheels!

After a lot of time and TLC, my S2000 looks great!

Except for my bloody shitty corroded wheels

Sorry guys, just venting.

Keith
Old 04-04-2002, 10:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What about a warranty claim, Keith? Or have I missed or forgotten something? If I have.... sorry
Old 04-04-2002, 10:14 AM

My crappy shitty Honda wheels are corroding quite nicely. Must remember to go into the dealers so that they can take more piccys of the family tree.

Matt
Old 04-04-2002, 10:39 AM

What about a warranty claim, Keith? Or have I missed or forgotten something? If I have.... sorry
Not at all Pete. After all my hassle last year I still shudder at the "d" word (where you have to go to get yer Honda fixed & serviced).

Im coming up for my first 9000m service so will mention it then. Im still not convinced we have a solution tho
Arent the new wheels same as old?

Still, I get a lovely almond (or is it coconut? I always confuse the two), from my Zymol rubber seal treatment - I've had it six months and only just used it.

Keith
Old 04-04-2002, 11:10 AM

Originally posted by Tyringe
Arent the new wheels same as old?
Well mine's a March 00 and my new wheels are slightly different and rather nicer than the ones they replaced BUT they are not 02MY wheels. So I dunno really. All I know is that they look a damn sight better than the corroded ones! If you're going to be at the Basingstoke Bash on Sunday, you can see for yourself
Old 04-04-2002, 11:31 AM

If you're going to be at the Basingstoke Bash on Sunday, you can see for yourself
Im looking forward to it Pete - glad you can make it - I think you've done quite a few mods since Arbinger.

Hopefully my car will be looking slighty (a LOT!) better than it did then! Ians obessive cleaning (sorry Ian ) has taken a while to "rub off" on me but it surely has now - I even Zymol'ed the rubber seals under the bonnet tonight

Keith
Old 04-04-2002, 11:38 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tyringe
[B]
Not at all Pete.
Old 04-04-2002, 12:12 PM

If your really unhappy then get them replaced on warranty.
Mine are due to be replaced this weekend (Sob - i'll miss the meet )
If they corrode in another year - then honda can replace them too... its no skin of my teeth. Either they sort out the problem or they will be hit with a lot of replacement wheel claims.
Old 04-04-2002, 12:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was chasing my wheel clain today. The service manager had problems with emailing the pics to Honda UK. But he seemed sure that it'll be okayed by the end of next week. He certainly knew about the problem. I mentioned it, and he wnet straight off for a camera to take some pics to send off.

-Brian.
Old 04-04-2002, 01:09 PM

Mine aren't that bad, although the fronts are worse. I think I'll bring it up at service time next month. Why don't they just fit the '02 wheels..... CRAZY!

Quick Reply: Bloody wheels!