UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Car Care

Old 04-22-2001, 02:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello everybody,

I get my new S2000 in 6 days (and counting). I am particularily interested in car care tips i.e. whats the best shampoo and polish to use etc, as I intend to keep the car for a number of years and want it to remain at its best.
Any other useful comments would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

AnDy.
Old 04-22-2001, 03:55 AM

six days gives you plenty time to stock up on every thing,there are so many products on the market its hard to choose, personally I wash car with a carplan wash and wax,then polish with Turtle wax (not the cheapest polish) but in my opinion probably one of the better ones on the market,that way you are putting two lots of wax on.Glass I just use AMWAY clear liquid glass cleaner, it moves the dirt but its not to strong or harmfull if you splash your trim or paintwork,plus its easy to wipe off. you hear all sorts of horror stories conected to the cleaning of the rear screen and you must buy "special cleaners" I simply use a damp SOFT cloth and I find that does the job ok.Hope thats a bit of help,keep on counting.
Old 04-22-2001, 05:46 AM

I too have the black/black combo. I use Auto-Glym car shampoo to clean the car first and then because I have found the clear coat very easy to mark, black colour magic wax. It's pretty thick and isn't the shiniest wax but does lessen swirl marks and is long lasting. I remove the wax with Auto-Glym polishing cloths. These are super soft but expensive and not re-usable but are worth it. Also don't clean the wheels with a chemical cleaner. The Honda manual states that the chemicals can strip the paint coating (I use the Auto-Glym car shampoo).
Old 04-23-2001, 07:08 AM

Buy and use a leather conditioner on your upholstery. My last S2000 creased a lot on the drivers seat. It looked aged when it was only 18months old.
S.
Old 04-24-2001, 12:07 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Rear window: Plexus & MUZ roof well mat. Saves a lot of headaches and if you use them both from new you'll be laughing.
Old 04-24-2001, 08:31 AM

My car will arrive hopefully a couple of days after yours, so I can appriciate what you are like at the moment.
I have already got my Muz mat, Plexus is on order. As for the body work I am lucky that my friend owns a valet company.
He has been through many products including Auto Glyn, but he recommends that by far the best is Wax Wizard.
http://www.waxwizard.com
I used it recently on my Renault, the finish is amazing, only problem is that it is expensive, but as with all things you pay for what you get. I have on order the Starter Kit for Subaru's (all japanese vehicles), it is expensive but you get everything you could ever need, ie PH balanced shampoo, paint specific waxes to feed the paint etc.
I cannot show you how good it was on my 8 year old Renault but I will be parting with my money - Paul I will show you when we meet up finally!
Anthony
Old 04-24-2001, 09:28 AM

Thanks for the feedback guys......

By the way, where can I purchase the muz mats ?
Old 04-24-2001, 10:02 AM

OK I found the link at the bottom of the page.
The accessories from muz look well made, Ill be placing an order very soon ;-)
Old 04-25-2001, 02:30 PM

Well worth investing in one of those muz mats, just taken delivery of mine, will be fitting in the morning!
Have you checked out the floor mats? they look good to.
PS-I have just ordered some Zaino polishes from America, cost me about
Old 04-25-2001, 10:35 PM

The floor mats look great, Ill be getting some black ones.

Im starting to get very excited now, I pick the car up on Monday morning, my wife and I have booked the day off.......hope the sun comes out.

Quick Reply: Car Care