S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   UK & Ireland S2000 Community (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/uk-ireland-s2000-community-25/)
-   -   Carbon Propshaft Installation (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/uk-ireland-s2000-community-25/carbon-propshaft-installation-1064295/)

Irish TuneR 12-21-2013 02:32 PM

Carbon Propshaft Installation

I have a CTG carbon propshaft that came off another car, i'm not sure was it fitted the right way around as the bolts for the diff were on the gearbox and vice versa. Now i don't know if it goes on either way as it should be balanced or is there a correct way. I haven't heard back from the email i sent the manufacturer. Has anyone got any ideas on which way around it should be? I cant see any difference in the two ends bar a slightly different colour, which could be just from wear.

Link to manufacturers site

Pic of my "shaft" :rolleyes:
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...s55a7416b.jpeg

richmc 12-21-2013 10:46 PM

You know that link you posted to the manufactures site, try scrolling down to the bottom of the page, the bit where it says contact or clicking on same at the top of the page?????? :rolleyes:

Carbon S2K 12-22-2013 12:47 AM

The more I come on s2ki the more I realise the credit crunch thing is a load of bs ha ha ha.....nice shaft by the way :drive:

carlip8 12-22-2013 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by richmc (Post 22934002)
You know that link you posted to the manufactures site, try scrolling down to the bottom of the page, the bit where it says contact or clicking on same at the top of the page?????? :rolleyes:

He's stated he's already emailed them with no reply as of yet. No need to get all high and mighty about it.
Surely that's a main point for car forums, advice off other forum members.

Get's so patronising on this site sometimes. Chill out, it's Christmas... :LOL:

Krisbuc 12-22-2013 02:20 AM

Nice bit of kit much difference in weight ?

BenRNBP 12-22-2013 02:38 AM

love it :) tbh I would have thought it wouldn't be balanced in that way (lengthways) but I do wonder if you are meant to drive it in one direction - although I wouldn't have thought so otherwise you wouldn't be able to engine brake. Such a nice bit of frivolous bling though - you'll have to carry a mirror round with you so you can show it off :)

noodels 12-22-2013 04:20 AM

:tipwink: nice,toss a coin :LOL:

MB 12-22-2013 04:29 AM

Hard to get hold of these.

I would expect the bolts are balanced sets but the actual trim balance will be done by shaving or weights on the hub ends, so you can fit the bolts I any order.

I recently had an email from them so worth trying again.

chrisr111 12-22-2013 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by Irish TuneR (Post 22933701)
I have a CTG carbon propshaft that came off another car, i'm not sure was it fitted the right way around as the bolts for the diff were on the gearbox and vice versa. Now i don't know if it goes on either way as it should be balanced or is there a correct way. I haven't heard back from the email i sent the manufacturer. Has anyone got any ideas on which way around it should be? I cant see any difference in the two ends bar a slightly different colour, which could be just from wear.
Link to manufacturers site

I've had some dealings with CTG in the past.

I have an email address to a real person at the company, although last time I was in contact was a few years ago, so he may or may not still work for them.

I'll PM you his contact details if you're interested?

Chris.

richmc 12-22-2013 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by carlip8 (Post 22934077)

Originally Posted by richmc' timestamp='1387698418' post='22934002

He's stated he's already emailed them with no reply as of yet. No need to get all high and mighty about it.
Surely that's a main point for car forums, advice off other forum members.

Get's so patronising on this site sometimes. Chill out, it's Christmas... :LOL:

Not being patronising I was pointing him in the directon of their phone number.