UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Carbon Propshaft Installation

Old 12-21-2013, 02:32 PM

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Carbon Propshaft Installation

I have a CTG carbon propshaft that came off another car, i'm not sure was it fitted the right way around as the bolts for the diff were on the gearbox and vice versa. Now i don't know if it goes on either way as it should be balanced or is there a correct way. I haven't heard back from the email i sent the manufacturer. Has anyone got any ideas on which way around it should be? I cant see any difference in the two ends bar a slightly different colour, which could be just from wear.

Link to manufacturers site

Pic of my "shaft"
Old 12-21-2013, 10:46 PM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

You know that link you posted to the manufactures site, try scrolling down to the bottom of the page, the bit where it says contact or clicking on same at the top of the page??????
Old 12-22-2013, 12:47 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The more I come on s2ki the more I realise the credit crunch thing is a load of bs ha ha ha.....nice shaft by the way
Old 12-22-2013, 02:08 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by richmc
You know that link you posted to the manufactures site, try scrolling down to the bottom of the page, the bit where it says contact or clicking on same at the top of the page??????
He's stated he's already emailed them with no reply as of yet. No need to get all high and mighty about it.
Surely that's a main point for car forums, advice off other forum members.

Get's so patronising on this site sometimes. Chill out, it's Christmas...
Old 12-22-2013, 02:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice bit of kit much difference in weight ?
Old 12-22-2013, 02:38 AM

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

love it tbh I would have thought it wouldn't be balanced in that way (lengthways) but I do wonder if you are meant to drive it in one direction - although I wouldn't have thought so otherwise you wouldn't be able to engine brake. Such a nice bit of frivolous bling though - you'll have to carry a mirror round with you so you can show it off
Old 12-22-2013, 04:20 AM

Received 349 Likes on 325 Posts

nice,toss a coin
Old 12-22-2013, 04:29 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Hard to get hold of these.

I would expect the bolts are balanced sets but the actual trim balance will be done by shaving or weights on the hub ends, so you can fit the bolts I any order.

I recently had an email from them so worth trying again.
Old 12-22-2013, 07:15 AM
UK Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Irish TuneR
I have a CTG carbon propshaft that came off another car, i'm not sure was it fitted the right way around as the bolts for the diff were on the gearbox and vice versa. Now i don't know if it goes on either way as it should be balanced or is there a correct way. I haven't heard back from the email i sent the manufacturer. Has anyone got any ideas on which way around it should be? I cant see any difference in the two ends bar a slightly different colour, which could be just from wear.
Link to manufacturers site
I've had some dealings with CTG in the past.

I have an email address to a real person at the company, although last time I was in contact was a few years ago, so he may or may not still work for them.

I'll PM you his contact details if you're interested?

Chris.
Old 12-22-2013, 01:01 PM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by carlip8
Originally Posted by richmc' timestamp='1387698418' post='22934002
He's stated he's already emailed them with no reply as of yet. No need to get all high and mighty about it.
Surely that's a main point for car forums, advice off other forum members.

Get's so patronising on this site sometimes. Chill out, it's Christmas...
Not being patronising I was pointing him in the directon of their phone number.

Quick Reply: Carbon Propshaft Installation