UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

eibach question..

Old 02-26-2012, 01:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eibach question..

Hi all.

I'm currently wanting to lower to lower my car a little but keep it from becoming too firm or crashy for a road car. From what I can see eibach Pro-Kit springs have a spring rate that's quite close to the standard s2000 specs. I'm happy with the S in terms of dampening so don't feel the need to spend a fortune on coilovers.

Just wondered if any one on here can tell me how they compare to the standard suspension in terms of ride quality and also your opinion of them?

Big thanks, J.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the eibachs for about 12 months then went for coilovers. The eibachs were fine, a bit firmer but not crashy.
Old 02-26-2012, 02:37 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Eibachs are a good choice, not sure how they fare against the oem springs on an s2k though.

I used to have an FN2 and used eibachs, much better than the oem springs.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:26 PM

I fitted them on mine a while ago, didn't honestly seem much different to OEM ride wise, however the lowering is not even and I didn't like the way it looked on them. They lower a fair bit at the back and only very little at the front, so you lose the OEM rake and it looks a bit like a dragster!
Old 02-27-2012, 09:24 AM

Cheers for the replies folks, from what everyone has said I think i'll give them a try.

At worst if i'm not a fan I can always just refit the standard springs

J.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:38 AM

Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Adriank
I fitted them on mine a while ago, didn't honestly seem much different to OEM ride wise, however the lowering is not even and I didn't like the way it looked on them. They lower a fair bit at the back and only very little at the front, so you lose the OEM rake and it looks a bit like a dragster!
Really? Mine seem perfect at the front, but a tad high on the rear. Assume they were fitted the right way round?

Also, it's very important to put load on the components before tightening the bushes, if you tighten the bushes with no load on that corner it will sit high.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Stoatmaster
Originally Posted by Adriank' timestamp='1330331166' post='21454213
Really? Mine seem perfect at the front, but a tad high on the rear. Assume they were fitted the right way round?

Also, it's very important to put load on the components before tightening the bushes, if you tighten the bushes with no load on that corner it will sit high.
Don't suppose you have a picture of how yours sits please stoatmaster?
Old 02-27-2012, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Jay_RWD
Originally Posted by Stoatmaster' timestamp='1330375087' post='21456002
[quote name='Adriank' timestamp='1330331166' post='21454213']

Don't suppose you have a picture of how yours sits please stoatmaster?
[/quote]

I'll take some tomorrow if I get a chance, I don't normally drive the S on weekdays. I have some before shots though, so you can do a comparison when I do.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:14 PM

That's excellent, cheers stoatmaster.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:09 AM

Here's a before shot;

And an after shot;

The front is a perfect drop for me, although the rear is a touch higher. I quite pleased with the ride, and the drop is just enough for me. They have not been fitted for long however, so may settle a little more.

Quick Reply: eibach question..