UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Engine MIL light code P1607

Old 03-10-2017, 01:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine MIL light code P1607

Still waiting to see post listed?
New on forum so not sure how long it takes?
Old 03-10-2017, 02:08 PM

Am new to forum, spent ages on thread but no sign of it, have just put another thread which has gone on so will try again lol.

Getting code P1607 when switching ignition on, can clear it and doesnt come on again until stop and switch ignition ON again.
Googled and apart from other Hondas with temperature or flat batteries havent found a conclusive fix for this.
Manual says to substitute a known good ecu, would liketo know if anyone in North East can help? Am in Darlington.

Thanks,
Peter.
Old 03-10-2017, 10:49 PM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

P1607 is the code for a failed ECU (look at the sticky tech FAQ), so use stick a known good one in. Loads on eBay.
Old 03-11-2017, 12:47 AM

Yes need to try a known good one, i have bought one that had immobiliser bypassed off E-Bay but when fitted gave same fault, hard to believe both same fault but never know. Would like to swap with known good unit if anyone near Darlington would allow me to swap over to check.
If a known good unit gives same fault on my car then it must be something else but no info in service manual other than fitting known spare.

On google other Honda owners (Not S2000's) have listed fault related to cold weather, poor batteries, but have checked supplies to ecu and as far as i can tell they are good.
Old 03-11-2017, 01:32 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Leckypete
Am new to forum, spent ages on thread but no sign of it, have just put another thread which has gone on so will try again lol.

Getting code P1607 when switching ignition on, can clear it and doesnt come on again until stop and switch ignition ON again.
Googled and apart from other Hondas with temperature or flat batteries havent found a conclusive fix for this.
Manual says to substitute a known good ecu, would liketo know if anyone in North East can help? Am in Darlington.

Thanks,
Peter.
I've got an ECU but I'm 2 hours away from you.
Old 03-11-2017, 11:31 AM

Thanks, where are you? Am planning on going down to Derby to collect some wheels i bought for the S on E-Bay on 20th would that be ok (assuming you somewhere on route ?)

Out of interest should the engine check light go out after couple of seconds without starting engine?
Mine blips off but comes straight back on, when on the car hits limitter at about 7k, if clear code it revvs out to 9k ok.
This is my first V-Tec was expecting it to be really noticeable at 6k ish (like my RD250LC but not as flat below 6k lol) but wasnt, pulled strongly but not the massive kick/change was expecting, again assuming getting V-Tec, will maybe have to rig up test lamp to solonoid to be sure at least getting actuation to V-Tec solonoid.

Thanks,
Peter.
Old 03-19-2017, 02:49 PM

Well update mainly to help others as have seen a few posts relating to this code but no real conclusions, probably people sorting fault bt not giving follow up?
Anyway i recieved the used ecu and when fitted it put the engine light out (Great!!!) also flashed the green immobiliser warning key symbol (expected this as will have to get ecu coded to my key, hence reason for buying the "bypassed" one 1st, so am guessing that ecu in my car may also be a "bypassed" type?
Makes sense that only comes on on initial ign on when immobiliser is read.
With ecu fitted to car the green key light doesnt come on at all, manal says should come on then go out when transponder read ok.
So hopefully once get used ecu coded to key will have sorted the problem, going to go to local car locksmith shop to enquire tomorrow.