UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Every Day In Every Way! I still can't believe it?

Old 08-27-2004, 02:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Every Day In Every Way! I still can't believe it?

When I decided on an S2000, for me the most expensive car I've ever owned, I thought what a smart looking car. Very much capturing for me many of the classic lines and attributes of the great looking sports cars like the Austin Healy, the MG and others. Don't start on me as I'm not an expert but have always enjoyed "nice" cars many I could never dream of owning.
Then I found its performance and range and I was fixed, nothing came close.

What I'm now astonished by is what other people think. I first thought I'd get sh!t from many as the car is a bit flash?
But just what is it about this car?
When ever I get in the car if it's not raining the roofs down. Driving around and all I get from kids on bikes, men in suits "Nice car Mister", "Very nice car", "Wow, lovely wheels mate".

Tonight finished real late, as I'm on holiday from Monday, so although I need fuel didn't want to fill her up and leave her standing for 2 weeks fully fuelled so I thought stick 20 litres in and then grab a bite to eat and get home.
Nipped into the Shell station, roof down of course, pulled in just after a Black MR2 looking all shiny the way black does. My cars covered in cack and not looking her best. We pull to different pumps and fuel up.
Young lad comes walking through the garage, "Nice car mate" to me. Thanks I like it too.
So we finish fuelling the MR2 just before me and he heads off to the cashier, I'm close enough behind to hear everything said. Nothing, other than thanks, by.

We're the only 2 cars in the petrol station. I get up and hand me cards over, guy behind the counter "Nice car, what is it?"

what's going on?

Is this happening to you or am I seeing./hearing more than most?

The guy I'm working with mentioned it the other day when we were out, roof down again. He couldn't believe that the young lads were calling out "Nice Car". He's a big Beemer fan 3's and 5's and even said he wouldn
Old 08-27-2004, 03:00 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Yup get it all the time, when i was it on a weekend the kids in my cul de sac all have a comment or two, when i pick my daughter up from school her friends al make comments and just generally driving about or when getting in or out at carparks or wherever.

I personally think its because it is a good looking car, when modified even more so but it doesent have the snobbish im better than you image of Porsche or BMW's
Old 08-27-2004, 03:06 PM

story and usual comments that I get are 'Nice Car Mate'and What is it?' The best one happened about two/ three weeks ago when a boy racer drove slowly past me in his Punto the stereo was well better than mine and he knew it and he was proving it to me. Anyway his 'girl' told him to turn it down as they drove past as my car was a lovely and something like a 'proper sports car'. (Couldn't quite hear that bit). She then on to say that there was no point in posing in front of me. Eventually they pulled up beside me and I just ignored them as I walked off but not far to continue my lunch and my book. Kept a good eye on them though I like days like that. The day it was keyed was not the best attention it got though :thumbdown:
Old 08-28-2004, 01:06 AM

Had a couple of comments since I got mine, one was some kids who were talking about the different cars in the car park - one of them said "I like this one" and shouted "nice car!" at me

The funniest was while I was waiting to turn right at some traffic lights, a guy in a battered estate with about 5 kids in the back pulls up right next to me from the opposite direction, turning right.

"How much does one of them cost!?"
"About 27 new"
"Aaaah, if only it had more seats......"

The others have been fellow residents of my flats, who stop and chat while I'm cleaning it, asking what it is and why they haven't seen one before and is it fast and did I buy it new and I like the red interior and have I seen that new Alfa Romeo and wow it's shiny isn't it what's that spray stuff you're putting on it etc etc

Never had anyone randomly say anything while walking past, or at petrol stations. I think London is like that though, nice cars don't attract as much attention as they are more common.
Old 08-29-2004, 12:47 AM
UK Moderator

Received 300 Likes on 258 Posts

The kids in my street love the car. When I first bought it they all gathered round and were asking questions - how fast? how much? (one lad guessed at
Old 08-29-2004, 12:48 AM
Administrator

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

(and i cant be bothered typing an essay about it )

Old 08-29-2004, 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by lovegroova,Aug 29 2004, 09:47 AM
Other comments from adult females include "You'll definitle pull in that"
Did you pull them though
Old 08-29-2004, 01:00 AM
UK Moderator

Originally Posted by S2000Mike,Aug 29 2004, 09:55 AM
Did you pull them though
Sady not, she is a married woman!
Old 08-29-2004, 01:01 AM
UK Moderator

Originally Posted by AquilaEagle,Aug 29 2004, 09:48 AM
(and i cant be bothered typing an essay about it )

I just became a paid up member, and the first thing I get is abuse from the mods
Old 08-29-2004, 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by lovegroova,Aug 29 2004, 10:01 AM
I just became a paid up member, and the first thing I get is abuse from the mods
Yeah, but now you are a paid up member it wouldn't be impolite to call him feathers and tell him to feck off!

Quick Reply: Every Day In Every Way! I still can't believe it?