UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Exhaust

Old 02-19-2014, 03:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust

HI,

Am booked in to get a single exit exhaust from AAS (Newcastle) in April.

Just wondering if anyone has had any dealings with them.

Thanks
Old 02-19-2014, 03:54 AM

I haven't had any experience with them tbh. I'm wondering why you decided on this route when there are so many other exhaust systems that are proven about?
Old 02-19-2014, 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by Middlesbrough
I haven't had any experience with them tbh. I'm wondering why you decided on this route when there are so many other exhaust systems that are proven about?
Just because I know they are highly thought of for other cars and I like the idea of having something 'bespoke'
Old 02-19-2014, 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by bruceski
Originally Posted by Middlesbrough' timestamp='1392814462' post='23022916
Just because I know they are highly thought of for other cars and I like the idea of having something 'bespoke'
Cool, good stuff. Hope it all works out
Old 02-19-2014, 03:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey dude, two of my mates have had exhausts made by them before on their DC2 and 350z, they like their work and like their price and would go back again.

Just out of curiosity why are you getting a single instead of a dual exit? I myself have a J's 60rs single I'm going to be fitting some time in the summer purely because it was cheaper than a dual. If I had the money I would've bought the dual because I think it looks a bit odd with the other side being empty.

Anyways have you had your s2k long? I'm in Newcastle too and I really don't see very many about. I only know of 2 others here and I think they are just second cars and don't get driven much. Give me a wave if you happen to see my bermuda blue

Good luck with the exhaust.
Old 02-19-2014, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by NicoS
Hey dude, two of my mates have had exhausts made by them before on their DC2 and 350z, they like their work and like their price and would go back again.

Just out of curiosity why are you getting a single instead of a dual exit? I myself have a J's 60rs single I'm going to be fitting some time in the summer purely because it was cheaper than a dual. If I had the money I would've bought the dual because I think it looks a bit odd with the other side being empty.

Anyways have you had your s2k long? I'm in Newcastle too and I really don't see very many about. I only know of 2 others here and I think they are just second cars and don't get driven much. Give me a wave if you happen to see my bermuda blue

Good luck with the exhaust.
Hey pal.

Thats good to hear I heard they are good so thought I would try them out, they are very reasonably priced as well no more expensive than buying a manufactured exhaust. Only thing is it doesn't go on till April AAS are very busy apparently. Plus I like the thought of having 'something different'.

I have had the s2k about 8 months now, how long have you owned yours? I'm in South Shields but work in Sunderland (Doxford park). I don't see many about either I have maybe seen 3 since buying mine. Again I think similar to you they are second cars, unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your outlook)I cant afford a second car so the S is my daily.

So other than the exhaust have you done any/got any mods planned?

I am sure I will give you a wave IF I ever see you.

Regards,
Old 02-20-2014, 02:42 AM

Singles give more power than duals. That was reason enough for me.

Plus 4 cylinders shouldn't have duals. Just looks gay and trying to pretend they are bigger than they are. The only cars with duals should be V engines....and then not have a silencer, at all.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWGQ-_zOUi4[/youtube]

That deserves a twin.

/rant.
Old 02-20-2014, 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by gbduo
Singles give more power than duals. That was reason enough for me.

Plus 4 cylinders shouldn't have duals. Just looks gay and trying to pretend they are bigger than they are. The only cars with duals should be V engines....and then not have a silencer, at all.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWGQ-_zOUi4[/youtube]

That deserves a twin.

/rant.
Sounds amazing!

Certainly agree with you with regards singles plus you can argue they save weight etc; therefore arguably better performance. That and the fact that most (not all) sound better means its a 'no-brainer' for me.

The only negative for some people is the fact the bumper is set up for twin not an issue for me as its nothing a good body shop cant sort!
Old 02-20-2014, 03:10 AM

It doesn't bother me, but you can get a new bumper from the States that hides the other cut out that is not used anyway.

Plus you get pops and crackles with a single as well which you don't with a dual.

Just make sure you get the ecu remapped, preferably on a stand alone (AEM) as that alone will gain you the most amount of bhp/£ and make the biggest difference to driveability.
Old 02-20-2014, 03:13 AM

This is what a single sounds like. (my car!)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCL-BeaQfLo[/youtube]

Quick Reply: Exhaust