UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Floor Mats

Old 03-06-2002, 07:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Floor Mats

I have my s2000( Black/red ) now 5 days and I really see the need for floor mats. Problem is, I've called 4 Honda dealers in London and they can't get mats until end of march.

Can anyone suggest a dealer or other source of accessories in th uk that may have mats in stock.

I was thinking black mats would look good in the red interior.
Old 03-06-2002, 07:48 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Patrick,

Welcome to the boards!

I would recomend getting some 'premium grade' (wilton wool) mats from Muz in Australia (I know its a long way away - but his delivery times are a darned sight better than Honda Uk - you will generally get your mats within 10 days of order. They cover, and therefore protect, a much larger area than the Honda mats. Muz's mats extend all the way to under the seat - so they look after the vulnerable cross-brace carpet, which is good!

He is a site sponsor as well!

Look here:

http://www.australia-goldcoast.com/index.html
Old 03-06-2002, 07:53 AM

Just got my Muz Mats and have to admit they are pretty good, not that I have seen the standard Honda ones, but they fit will, cover a large area and are very well made. Think they probably cost about the same as well.
Old 03-06-2002, 07:58 AM

If you are ordering I am sure there are a couple of us who would join with you.
Old 03-06-2002, 08:03 AM

Spooky!, just thinking about getting some mats.

I have been told 4 weeks also, will go for some Muz mats tho.

Are the luxury ones that much better?

Often.
Old 03-06-2002, 08:07 AM

oh, I would be interested in a group purchase too.
Old 03-06-2002, 09:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got the luxury Muz Mats in black with red edging with 'S2000' in red running along the top of the boxed section which covers the cross member. I have the heel mats option on both the passenger and drivers sides, and I would definitely urge anyone to get the same as they look as though they're going to be very hard wearing apart from looking gorgeous. I also specified the 'Eyelet option which means there is a retaining/locating eyelet in the mat on the drivers side which fits over the mat post which comes with the OEM mats or did in '2000. The drivers side mat doesn't move one iota. The passenger side one does tend to ride forward a little but it's no real big problem. At some stage I shall probably fashion some way to hook the rear of the passenger mat to the seat frame. Unless things have changed, you can't get the seat post without buying the Honda mats which is a real liberty!!
Old 03-06-2002, 09:41 AM
Ade

Count me in on a group purchase. I'll go with CTs suggestions for options (heel mats and eylet holes).
Old 03-06-2002, 10:48 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When you receive some of Muz's very fine mats, you will notice (if you havent before) that the drivers side floor of an S2000 is a very complex shape!! There is a large curved bulge (technical eh!?!) on on the side of the transmission tunnel. The mat is essentially flat, except for shaping over the cross brace. It will take a week or so for the mat to settle into this shape (I nicked the 3lb, 2lb and 1lb weights from my wife's olde worlde kitchen scales and strategically positioned these around the 'bulge' when the car was parked to speed up this process. The drivers side mat is now anything but flat - it really does assume the shape of the floor

PS - I only went for the heel protectore on the drivers side, where I feel it is a must. the heel protectors are very functional, but not things of great beauty - as I dont often carry passengers, I went without on that side.
Old 03-06-2002, 02:21 PM

I count five of us interested in purchasing mats. MUZ requires 16 mats to qualify for bulk discount and we have 10 mats. If we can make the sixteen, then what do we do? Would it not be difficult to organise? Anyone done it before? Where could we deliver for instance?

Sorry, but I'm new to Muz and to the s2000, not a bad complaint I suppose.

Quick Reply: Floor Mats