UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Good road in Dorset

Old 10-07-2002, 11:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good road in Dorset

I took a few days off recently and did some driving around Dorset. I came across a good road leading to an interesting geographical formation on the coast line. It is the B3070 which leads from near Wareham (near Poole) to Lulworth Cove - which is the above mentioned interesting geographical formation. I was fortunate to get there around sunset and found this waiting for me:

The B3070 cuts through a Ministry of Defence tank gunnery training ground where there are signs warning you of loud gun fire and tracked vehicles on the road. The road was very quiet and mostly twisty, driving through forest areas. There was also a great long straight (I'm not sure how long it is because I covered that part of my journey pretty quickly! but probably a mile or 2) which you can blast through. It was so good that I turned around and did it in again after taking in the delights of Lulworth Cove.

It brought a big smile to my face and I would highly recommend you try it for yourself if you happen to be in the area.

ps. the other thing that brought a smile to my face was that through 4 days of driving all around Wiltshire and Dorset (Salisbury, Poole, Bath, etc.) I only ever saw 1 other NB S2000 which was parked outside a Honda dealer in Bournemouth!
Old 10-07-2002, 10:36 PM

Great pictures and a good choice of route - I live very near Bounemouth and have driven around the area many times.
Did you get a chance to see Sandbanks and the view to your right as you turn the coner on the way in ? On a sunny day its amazing.
I bet the dealer was Horizon Motors ! Nur blues are still reasonably rare here - I only see one other (S2000 CS) regularly.
Old 10-08-2002, 12:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A great part of the coast, GY, and your pics bring back many happy memories of my youth. I used to live in Yeovil and travelled all over that area many, many times, especially with the band I played in. Studland Bay was great for swimming and sun-bathing and Bournemouth, Boscombe, Christchurch and Poole were great places for totty

Talking of interesting formations, you must also have visited Durdle Door? It's right there.

And those place names!.... "Sixpenny Handley", "Middle Piddle", "Langton Matravers"
Old 10-08-2002, 12:59 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by PWE 896
[B]Studland Bay was great for swimming and sun-bathing and Bournemouth, Boscombe, Christchurch and Poole were great places for totty
Old 10-08-2002, 03:55 AM

I agree still great places with lots of totty. I had a great time down there on Sunday on the motorbike. There was about 40 of us, had some very nice views.
Old 10-08-2002, 05:24 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by PWE 896
[B]Talking of interesting formations, you must also have visited Durdle Door?
Old 10-08-2002, 05:54 AM

Couldn't agree more - the A354 was a great "test" road for me once I'd cleared the 600 miles break-in period.

Bit of a nightmare getting up there though - always seem to get stuck behind a tractor !
Old 10-08-2002, 10:08 AM

Blast! Even though I had a great time and saw quite a lot, it seems like I missed quite a lot too! I didn't get to Durdle Door in the end but did manage to visit Corfe Caslte which was quite cool.

oh well I'll just have to get back down there and check out these great "views" that you all keep going on about!!
Old 10-08-2002, 10:29 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

I was staying on Poole Quay in early September!

Excellent weather on the English Riviera as always.

There is an interesting car dealer on Sandbanks Peninsula Road, who has some really wierd stuff. He has photos of his old stock, which included Daleks! Yes, those Daleks.

The S2K is a brilliant coast/New forest car.

Pity the roads are full of us bloody tourists, though.
Old 10-08-2002, 10:37 AM

Originally posted by Leggy Blonde
Durdle Door is where Cliff Richard shot one of his videos once.
Yes, well, I'm sure we'd all like to do that to a Cliff Richard Video.

Quick Reply: Good road in Dorset