UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Hard Top Fixing Kit

Old 08-15-2015, 11:36 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Hard Top Fixing Kit

Hi Guys
Can someone give me some advice please. Just in the process of buying my 11th S2 and this is the first one i have purchased as a roadster, all others have been GT's. So i wanted to get the fixing kit and buy a hardtop to put on the car. However my Honda dealer who i have used since my first AP1 (1999) tells me that the car in question comes up on the system as only needing the hard top and nothing else. Can this be right?? Could it already have the right brackets in the car?? If so yippee just a hard top.
But the second question is i have contacted Hardtop Guy in USA and he tells me he can sell me the complete fixing kit etc for $600usd. Is there anywhere in the UK i can buy the kit? So my question people is how easy is it to change the brackets/brushes etc ready for a hard top. I also know that we may have to extend the wiring loom for the rear de-frost as the car is 2007

i would appreciate any help guys
many thanks
Velvet99
Old 08-15-2015, 12:22 PM

Received 625 Likes on 546 Posts

you can see the brackets below the brushes - little holes with locating slots in them

Honda call mine a GT but it didnt have the brackets

ideally you should also put upgraded front catchers on and it'd need a rear heated screen switch and loom if that wasnt there (obviously the switch is there in the centre console if the wiring is in place
Old 08-15-2015, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Nottm_S2
you can see the brackets below the brushes - little holes with locating slots in them

Honda call mine a GT but it didnt have the brackets

ideally you should also put upgraded front catchers on and it'd need a rear heated screen switch and loom if that wasnt there (obviously the switch is there in the centre console if the wiring is in place
Old 08-15-2015, 01:47 PM

Thanks for that. All my previous GT's had the slots so buying just a roadster I assume I need to change the brushes and fixing plates hence the kit I can buy. But why would Honda say all I need is the hard top according to the chassis number they enter on the system? I am puzzled. Surely a 57 plate would not have hard top fixings would it when it is registered on the system as a roadster? Any ideas
Thanks
Old 08-16-2015, 02:23 AM

11 S2000s!?!?? Must be a record
Old 08-16-2015, 03:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Velvet99
Thanks for that. All my previous GT's had the slots so buying just a roadster I assume I need to change the brushes and fixing plates hence the kit I can buy. But why would Honda say all I need is the hard top according to the chassis number they enter on the system? I am puzzled. Surely a 57 plate would not have hard top fixings would it when it is registered on the system as a roadster? Any ideas
Thanks
It could be that it was a pre-reg car that was registered as a roadster but then the hardtop was specced by the buyer (and then sold on at a later date)? I'm completely making this up but it could explain the roadster/GT hybrid.
Old 08-17-2015, 08:34 AM

Thanks folks for your help. Decided to buy a proper GT in Synchro from Honder dealer with 26k on clock. Worth the extra money instead of messing about with roadster and
brackets.
Went and saw the car yesterday and it was not pristine plus it had come in from Cyprus so not for me. As i say Synchro Silver will be with me at the weekend if all goes to plan..
Any good pics of Synchro as i have had Silverstone and Moonrock but never Synchro.

Was offered a GT100 today but to many miles on clock
cheers
Velvet99
Old 08-17-2015, 08:47 AM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

Eleven S2000's, what on earth have you been doing to them?
Old 08-19-2015, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by richmc
Eleven S2000's, what on earth have you been doing to them?
Well i make them beautiful, put 1000 or so miles on them and sell on, I just enjoy trying different colours but yet to find the elusive Platinum White Pearl although i did buy one with 6k on clock but guy pulled out of deal. GT 100's either have to high mileage or are silly money except for the lucky guy who bought the one in East Kilbride two weeks ago with only 2500 miles on it and a bargain from Honda (Parks) at £22k
Old 08-19-2015, 01:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have never heard of 'synchro silver'.

Quick Reply: Hard Top Fixing Kit