UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Hard Top - ON or OFF ??

Old 01-21-2003, 05:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hard Top - ON or OFF ??

Hi Guys ,

A very vague question this I know, but.... I was talking to a friend here at work who also drives a GT, and we were discussing when to take the hard top off.

I currently lack the extra pair of hands needed for the job, so itll be a case of conning a mate into coming over and helping. So the possibility of taking the top off now and replacing it should the weather turn nasty again (not that it has really turned 'nice' yet ) is out. Basically once the top is off its off till November.

So not that Im easily lead or anything, but I wondered if anyone else with a hard top has banished it to the garage/dining room/kitchen floor for the year yet ?

Answers on a postcard.

R.
Old 01-21-2003, 05:32 AM

Not Yet! I think it will come off for good at the end of February.
Old 01-21-2003, 05:34 AM

I was thinking the exact same thing last week. But now, the rain and misery has returned.

I'm shooting for end of Feb too. It can get quite harsh in Feb sometimes.
Old 01-21-2003, 05:37 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally posted by M@verick
I currently lack the extra pair of hands needed for the job, so itll be a case of conning a mate into coming over and helping. So the possibility of taking the top off now and replacing it should the weather turn nasty again (not that it has really turned 'nice' yet ) is out. Basically once the top is off its off till November.
I have the same sort of problem so I decided that the hardtop would be on from the beginning of November to the end of February no matter what the weather was doing.

Can't wait to get it off. If I had an 02 with the glass rear window I would probably not bother with the hardtop.
Old 01-21-2003, 05:40 AM

I don't have the problem of lack of help with the hardtop, however I do consider myself to have a handicap (The Wife) when removing it.

I'll not be taking it off till I see some nice weather, in the NE that's probably not till March/April at the earliest.

What's everyone else think?

Steve
Old 01-21-2003, 05:51 AM

I don't have the problem of lack of help with the hardtop, however I do consider myself to have a handicap (The Wife) when removing it.
- Maybe your problem is worse than mine then !.
seriously tho it was something I was thinking about, it will need to be someone who is not prone to clumsiness whom I ask for assistance with this. Have you seen the size of the metal locating spikes I have nightmares about a "whoops theres a six inch gouge across the bootlid" situation.

Seems most people are thinking end of Feb, that was about the timeframe I was thinking in my twisted mind as well. The reason I have been ruminating about this is just that I looked out the window on Saturday morning and thought - its sunny, I could have the top down today - which of course I couldnt <doh>. Having said that it did p1$$ down the same night.

Just picking everyones brains.

R.
Old 01-21-2003, 05:55 AM

Originally posted by Steve54

Steve
Oh, and she's not very good at helping with the hard top
Old 01-21-2003, 05:58 AM

Originally posted by StevenM

I have the same sort of problem so I decided that the hardtop would be on from the beginning of November to the end of February no matter what the weather was doing.

Can't wait to get it off. If I had an 02 with the glass rear window I would probably not bother with the hardtop.
Hi SevenM

I am only too happy to give you a hand with the hardtop, I dont live that far away from you.

Regards

JohnB
Old 01-21-2003, 06:03 AM

If Hyndland Honda don't sort the squeeks then the hard top is coming off for good gggrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 01-21-2003, 06:11 AM

Originally posted by Colin Andrews
If Hyndland Honda don't sort the squeeks then the hard top is coming off for good gggrrrrrrrrrrr
I'm beginning to wonder if the Hard Top was worth it. It's been off over the New Year, on again now, and....well, what's the difference?

Quick Reply: Hard Top - ON or OFF ??