UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Hello!

Old 04-26-2002, 09:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello!

Hi everyone,

I've been browsing the boards for a couple of day's now and thought i'd say hello.

I'm expecting to collect my used 01 berlina black S2k next weekend, from Southern Counties (too impatient to wait for an 02!)

I went for a test drive on Sunday, and my heart rate didn't go down till about Tuesday! I think i'm suffering from withdrawal symptoms!

So I have a few questions but there will probably be many more in the future

- Am i right in guessing that i will be the youngest S2k owner on these boards at 21?

- I've heard bad things about the servicing at Southern Counties, so where else do you recommend in the area?

- Already planning toys and accessories for it, what's are essentials?

Cheers

Andy
Old 04-26-2002, 09:49 AM

Hi Andy, WOW 21, at 21 I'd only just started driving In the USA there are school kids driving this great car. Welcome to the board I'm sure someone will help you find a good dealer in your area, I'm too far north for that.

Drive carefully Wooly
Old 04-26-2002, 10:06 AM

Welcome Andy, good colour choice too.
Old 04-26-2002, 10:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Andy and welcome to the board

The great thing about this place is that age does not matter at all; we've got members of all ages. What's important and what binds us all is a common interest in this fabulous car.

If you're interested in mods etc. the very best thing you can do is get to a Meet. There you'll see some fabulous stuff on members' cars : Biker1, bmarshall and Magic Fingaz to name just three. And, if you're into ICE, then Tifosi Red and StevenLeith and a few others have got some really ace kit installed.

All these guys and more will be at the UK S2000 SuperMeet up here in Shrewsbury and Mid-Wales in two weeks time. If you want a great weekend, meeting some great people, and driving a great drive in 50+ S2000 convoy , check out the link in my sig below

PS
I play guitar and, I guess from your board name, you do too?
Old 04-26-2002, 10:33 AM

Hi Andy

Welcome to the board. I don't live too far from you in Burgess Hill & bought my S2k from Souther Counties new (I am more than double your age) last September but like you I am concerned with the stories I read on this board.

A new dealer opened up in Hove towards the end of last year but I have heard no reports on what they are like.

Is your car the one I had a test drive in last April? That was black and I had decided to buy immediately afterward my drive.

Kelvin
Old 04-26-2002, 10:45 AM

Thanks for the welcome everyone

Hi Kelvin

I made a visit to the Hove honda last week, but walked out within a few minutes. They were still doing building work on it and we were told that to get to the showroom we had to walk through the servicing area, but when we did we were rudely asked what we thought we were doing? I might give them another try, but it did put me off!

It could be the same black s2k? the one i'm buying was registered in March 01 and has 7500 on the clock.