S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   UK & Ireland S2000 Community (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/uk-ireland-s2000-community-25/)
-   -   Insurance update (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/uk-ireland-s2000-community-25/insurance-update-30660/)

Nick Graves 10-06-2001 04:31 AM

Insurance update

Just FYI, I have renewed my insurance with Bell Direct. There seems to be much confusion over insurance, so I hope this helps somebody:

I tried Elephant, but got the usual "no online quote available for that car" crap. I'm sorry, but if you advertise as an online service, & then ask someone to use the phone anyway, that's like someone registering a URL and having no fcuking computer!

My car is classified as an import by Bell, but after much histrionics on my part, a supervisor assured me it does not affect the quoted price, as long as it's an EU Import. They simply reserve the right to limit the use of the free hire car if there is a delay over parts. :confused:

I eventually got tired and gave up arguing that one.

Anyway, for 6000 miles, including Class 1 business use, the total was

ianl 10-06-2001 11:22 AM

Did you get a quote from Tesco Nick? Origin of the car seems to be a non-issue with them......(they quoted me

markgoodman 10-07-2001 07:46 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ianl
[B]Did you get a quote from Tesco Nick? Origin of the car seems to be a non-issue with them......(they quoted me

ianl 10-07-2001 11:51 PM

Anthony 10-08-2001 11:23 AM

Guys,

You have to try privilege, just renewed my insurance,
28yrs old
5 yrs NCB

stevenleith 10-08-2001 12:02 PM

I'm just about to buy my insurance after months of deliberating as to whether it was too much, but anyway,

23 years old
NO NCB!!
3 points
limited 8000 miles (i get a train to work anyhow!)

TESCO = refused to quote

Independent borker (Alexander..) =

N-a-$-t-Y 10-08-2001 12:15 PM

Its a lot of money for insurance, but you'll forget about it as soon as you get in the drivers seat... :D

welcome to the board !

[QUOTE]Originally posted by stevenleith
[B]I'm just about to buy my insurance after months of deliberating as to whether it was too much, but anyway,

TESCO = refused to quote

Independent borker (Alexander..) =

tokyo_james 10-09-2001 12:18 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by markgoodman
[B]

unless it's Japanese in which case they want to charge

Tifosi Red 10-09-2001 12:21 AM

Originally posted by tokyo_james

How would that compare to the cost an a UK model, everything else staying the same?

I was intending to ship one back from Japan when I eventualy return to the UK, but if the insurance is ridiculous I will have to reconsider that idea......:(

I don't know Mark's circumstance vis-a-vis NCB, penalties etc. but that looks 2 to 3 time higher than most UK quotes.

James, might you get a Type-V VGS to replace your S2000? I'm sure you would not have any problem selling it on if you imported it....(I'll buy a Midnight Blue one :) )

tokyo_james 10-09-2001 12:28 AM

Originally posted by Tifosi Red

I don't know Mark's circumstance vis-a-vis NCB, penalties etc. but that looks 2 to 3 time higher than most UK quotes.

James, might you get a Type-V VGS to replace your S2000? I'm sure you would not have any problem selling it on if you imported it....(I'll buy a Midnight Blue one :) )

Insurance is due to pay out tomorrow. my friend will then be off to the auctions looking for a good buy. I have said that I would like the VGS if possible (in blue) but really depends on the pricing. This time of year the prices should be lower than last time I bought though :) :)

My insurance here is about 1,200 pounds at present (no NCB, 33 years old), but I have already been told I face a 30% increase next year due to the accident.:(