UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Isle of Man.

Old 07-27-2014, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Isle of Man.

I'm going to the Isle of Man for a couple of days next week. As the weather looks to be ok I thought I would take the Honda.

I don't want to waste my time looking for the best roads when I'm sure someone will know which roads to avoid and which are the best.

Your suggestions are welcome

Pete..

Old 07-27-2014, 01:14 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Also wouldn't mind knowing a bit more about the IOM. As I may do the same as the OP, for a bit of fun in the S.
Old 07-27-2014, 01:47 PM

Used to live here, the best road - if you want some speed, is the mountain road. It goes from Ramsey to Douglas, is about 10 miles long and has no speed limit.

Most of the roads on the island are very bumpy, but you'll not waste time travelling around as its all beautiful. While you're on a good road, enjoy it, the bends are amazing, the views, and watch out for the national speed limit signs, as like I said, there is no limit.

Do a lap of the TT course, that'll give you the best view of the entire island, and what it has to offer.

Petrol stations are aplenty, albeit a little more expensive than what we're used to here (only by a few pence).

Fire me a pm if you have any specific questions, or I'll try reply here so that a larger audience can get an idea of what the IOM is all about
Old 07-28-2014, 03:51 AM

Sounds good to me. Thanks for your reply.

I'll let you know how I got on.

Pete.