UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

just back from 1st service

Old 10-20-2001, 03:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just back from 1st service

Ok,

I new I was hearing noises whilst decelerating in third @ 3k revs, so I got them to check this out. Also, my cup holder/ashtry lid doesnt always spring open anymore. Thirdly, my headlamp washer pipe had popped off before which I mended, so this also need looking at to check it was ok.

Well..... they are top guys at Cannock.

It turns out I may need two things to sort out the noise in 3rd. Possibly just the clutch, just the transmission, or both.... As it was a job that was "beyond their means to authourise", I will need to wait until monday/tuesday for verification of the work needing to be done... But rest assured, It is a waranty issue and something they are aware of..... So by all accounts I could have new parts fitted as soon as next week
( It did sound like a nasty job though... the whole thing needs lifting out... etc etc... ouch!)

The ashtray needed a part ordering also, so that will be done at the same time as clutch/transmission.

The washer pipe was fine.

Also, I took the time to order my HardTop.... I got them down a little on price, but I got them to agree on a 2.5 hour labour cost. (instead of my quoted 4)

So overall, Im very impressed with Cannock........ great guys, and the nice girl in reception even made me a cracking cuppa

Oil =
Old 10-20-2001, 04:22 AM

Do you know what Oil they put in? if it was a synthetic then
Old 10-20-2001, 09:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How about kicking some of that 1.5 hour labour saving my way It was my hardtop that they learned on!

Brindley we're going to squeeze my car in on Friday about the battery problem - nice service - but this wasn't needed in the end as the problem has been found and fixed...

-Brian.
Old 10-20-2001, 09:31 AM

Originally posted by bmarshall
How about kicking some of that 1.5 hour labour saving my way It was my hardtop that they learned on!

Brindley we're going to squeeze my car in on Friday about the battery problem - nice service - but this wasn't needed in the end as the problem has been found and fixed...

-Brian.
So what was the problem in the end? Also wahts this Uk Iriway 8 club thing that you and biker 1 seem to be members of?
Old 10-20-2001, 09:48 AM

yep - funny that, they did mention a nice blue hardtop

They were telling me how it transformed the cars appearance.
I didnt mention that i'd seen it myself

1.7K to buy and fit.... could be here by tuesday!!

Apparently 'some' models have the wiring for the hardtop already installed ??? so this is where the labour saving is made i think ??

Originally posted by bmarshall

-Brian.
Old 10-20-2001, 09:50 AM

Jason: You beat me to the punch there , I wanted to ask that too!

N-A-S-T-Y: 2.5 hours is a good deal for fitting the hardtop, it took me about 3 to fit the extra parts, loom and so on but getting the top aligned exactly so you get no creaks or wind noise takes a bit longer... well worth the money.
Old 10-20-2001, 09:53 AM

Originally posted by N-a-$-t-Y
yep - funny that, they did mention a nice blue hardtop

They were telling me how it transformed the cars appearance.
I didnt mention that i'd seen it myself

1.7K to buy and fit.... could be here by tuesday!!

Apparently 'some' models have the wiring for the hardtop already installed ??? so this is where the labour saving is made i think ??

Model year 2001 cars have most of the wiring loom installed, you just have to plug in the switch, fit the relay and connect up the switch on the mounting plate. Model year 2000 cars need a lot more work, also their hardtop kit is more expensive due to the extra parts...
Old 10-20-2001, 03:14 PM

Actually I cant wait to get the hard top on..... Im now really looking forwards to it.

Also, that damn infernal 3rd gear whine..... i cant wait to get rid of that little critter !

The only thing was that I told my girlfriend how much the top cost.... (i know ) and she did the old silent treatment on me all day.
I later found out that she had just got a student loan out for 2k to last her the year.... ouch ! Needless to say she didnt stay over tonight

She thinks I love the car more than her..... tsk... dont know where she gets that idea from
Old 10-20-2001, 03:18 PM

Sorry Jason, I've no idea what brand oil they used, but it was synthetic.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by UKjasonm
[B]Do you know what Oil they put in? if it was a synthetic then
Old 10-22-2001, 12:22 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

N-a-$-t-Y - is that

Quick Reply: just back from 1st service