UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Losing the will

Old 08-04-2013, 04:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Losing the will

I'm struggling at the moment. They always say you should never meet your heroes, and I'm beginning to feel that with the S2K. It's been a dream car of mine for years and now I've finally got one Im not too happy at the moment.

Just seem to be having issues that are getting the better of me and I'm losing faith and getting to the point where I will count my losses and get rid.

I've got the oil burning blowing out the back that's bothering me

The vibration from the cv cups that need doing

The vibration on over run that comes through the tunnel, which Im convinced is getting worse, which either it is or it's just because its bothering me so much.

The fact that I don't really have any friends that will help, they are not interested in helping and I've known them for over 20 yrs, I get upset when I read about others on here that will go out of their way for people they have never met or only on the odd occasion, and here's me with so called friends who don't seem like they would give me the steam of their piss

So overall I'm pissed off to the max. Just about had enough and want to pack it all in and not bother trying to have anything nice or what I've always wanted, especially if it makes me feel like this.

Not happy!
Old 08-04-2013, 05:05 AM

Pull yourself together man! Our cars are too special to be a girl about it all! Onwards and upward, and sideways
Old 08-04-2013, 05:19 AM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Nails these S2000's are mate.

We all have teething issues with them you aren't the only one.

I've had my engine go on me, rust around the rear drivers arch, all she wants to do is drift rather than handle.

Chin up fella. It could be a hell of a lot worse.
Old 08-04-2013, 05:31 AM

Ive never actually been sideways in mine, you lot must be useless drivers...

OP sounds like built up rage against your friends is being taken out on the car . Get stuck in and youll realise most fixes are fairly simple!
Old 08-04-2013, 06:17 AM

Received 56 Likes on 41 Posts

Hi as Tom say's we all have niggles when first bought, as for having no friends to check her out, there are plenty around these parts, call over to our place one Sat there is usually a few of us there, we will stick it on the ramp and have a butcher's or/and come to the north west meet on the 7th, Tom & Martin usually make the trip from over the boarder, we let a select few in

Ray

PS maybe it's something to do with your forum name,,Oh just don't talk about oil
Old 08-04-2013, 10:50 AM

All cars have problems. I just take mine to my mechanic when I have the money. I'm fed up with looking at mine. As soon as I got. Bird poo damaged bonnet and wing. Wiped it of after a day too. then a couple of parking dents. then replacing the tyres. Why is it. That most companies can't replace your tyres without damaging them.
each car and expensive cars have problems. your buy another. It will have problems. Friends are friends. friends will come and go. I wouldn't worried about it. Why not go to the meets
Old 08-04-2013, 11:19 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ye of little faith dearest Ben.

I also had very annoying niggles but eventually worked through them all and now have a gem of an s2000, if not a little battered from the recent crash lol. It's all good though - chin up mate.

What you describe doesn't sound terminal and once you've worked through it, get it out on the road and join us at some runs and meets. I'm sure you will fall in love with your S2000 again.

Your s2000 will be your best friend through thick and thin, it sure has for me and I can honestly say that my life would be very dull if I didn't have one.

Soldier on dude. There are exciting times ahead
Old 08-04-2013, 11:46 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Hope you get through this period dude. Get yourself over with the nw people, they are a great group of lads. I would most certainly take up the inspection offer, Ray is a hero.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:47 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Feel for you mate, hopefully you'll find people who are willing to help and when the niggles are over, you'll love the S even more.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:01 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hang in there pal!

Write a list of everything that annoys you and needs attention with the car. Now sort that list into items of priority (those that need attention / annoy you the most). Once you have this list either have a go a fix it yourself, im not mechanically savvy but I always have a go first before giving my money to trained mechanic. If you cant fix it give it to someone that can and just pay for it.

At the end of the day this is an enthusiast car and therefore needs to be treated as one, if you have fallen out of love with the car and dont want to love it or take car of it I think its time to change. This is the way I have always been with cars, once I am bored driving it / cant be bothered to clean it or fix it I get rid of the thing.

As for friends, mine couldnt even tell you what a wheel nut was nor what its purpose was. Friends are good for the pub and relaxing time away from the other half. Dont get hung up on them not helping you, they probably dont know how. I have a mate who works for BMW MINI and says he knows how to do nearly everything care wise. Anyway I asked him to supervise me changing my brakes (never done before) and he didnt even know what a brake pad looked like!

Everyone has bad days, some more than others, dont take it out on the S! You have a very special car that you have dreamed of owning. Dont give in to its little faults, god (if there is one) puts these obstacles in the way to test us.

As my mum would say: Shit happens, its not why the shit has happened to you its the way you deal with the shit which matters.

Quick Reply: Losing the will