UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

To-be Newbie

Old 07-16-2013, 12:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To-be Newbie

Hi all, I've been non-stop reading (lurking) this forum for the past few weeks, certainly one of the best forums I've been on. I'll be getting my S this weekend (can't wait to get that roof down and go for a drive!!!) and researching like crazy.

It will be a weekend car and I only have an outdoor parking space. I have been researching to buy an outdoor cover to protect the S from the elements (yep even the Sun/heat).

I've come across the following few:

http://www.hamiltonclassic.co.uk/aca...hableSoft.html

http://www.covercraft.com/carcovers/...ar_covers.html

http://www.classicadditions.com/ulti...ar-covers.html <<<---- tempted with this one as I've read some good things about them and S2kuk members get 15% off

I think the cheapest option that maybe "ok" would be the Halfords 3layer cover. But how fitting are these?

Has anyone on this forum own/experience any of these covers? Or even recommend other covers?

thanks in advance for your comments.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:21 PM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

I've got the cheaper waterproof half cover from Classic Additions and really like it. A few others agreed. Think there may have been some queries over whether the full 15% discount was offered though.
Old 07-16-2013, 02:07 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I like this cover but I wouldn't use a cover every day unless the car was absolutely clean. I only use it when my car is clean and it's going to be parked for a while (hibernation or during a holiday trip).
Old 07-16-2013, 02:18 PM

@ Cynic, re:15% off. What was that about? Classics no honoring discount from the forum? How's the protection on the half cover? No issues if covered over a long period of time (month?)

@K3N, I forgot about the cover-zone. I was interested in the Stormforce. How long do you cover yours for? How's the fitting? Security (good anti-theft?)
Old 07-16-2013, 02:24 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Kanmuri-san
@K3N, I forgot about the cover-zone. I was interested in the Stormforce. How long do you cover yours for? How's the fitting? Security (good anti-theft?)
Mine is covered for six months during the winter in a warm garage. Then occasionally outdoors from a few days up to a couple of weeks. The fitting is nice and tight. There's no pocket for aerial on mine so I always have to take the aerial off. I'm not sure so about security as I haven't used any cables.
Old 07-16-2013, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by K3Nguru
Originally Posted by Kanmuri-san' timestamp='1374013102' post='22669909
Mine is covered for six months during the winter in a warm garage. Then occasionally outdoors from a few days up to a couple of weeks. The fitting is nice and tight. There's no pocket for aerial on mine so I always have to take the aerial off. I'm not sure so about security as I haven't used any cables.
That's good! If your car is looking good after a max two weeks outdoors in Finland I'm sure it won't be a problem if I use it in London/England . I don't think having no aerial pocket is an issue but could be pain if you forget (maybe either damage cover/aerial). Did yours come with any form of cables/security?