UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

puddle of water

Old 09-10-2008, 03:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default puddle of water

ok i know this has been talked about before but i cant find a good thread, my passenger window seal is dumping water on the seat when i drive off... it seems come from the front section - if you open the roof it poors behind the seat so is 'in' the seal itself ive played with the seals, they are good condition the roof looks good and tight and i just cant work out were the water is comming from ! any pointers - i can take some pictures later but this has to have happened to a lot of people on here...
Old 09-10-2008, 04:32 AM

There is a metal rail that the seal sits on and I am quite sure this is where the water collects. When you drive off the water runs back down the rail and through the split at the end of the seal (about half way across the top of the window.

I have the exact same problem

Put the car in to Honda to have them fix it but no joy, in fact it's even worse now
Old 09-10-2008, 04:40 AM

yup that sounds like just the problem !
Old 09-10-2008, 04:50 AM

I now carry a towel in the car due to the amount of water that comes out!

I had Honda adjust the window, remove the two seals above the window and refit them using a sealant to try and stop the water getting in behind. This hasn't worked. Infact, after they applied the sealant no water can drain so the seal fills up and eventually leaks into the car if there has been a heavy rain storm!

I've come back to the car a couple times now to find water dripping onto the seat from the seal
Old 01-15-2010, 11:36 PM

Sorry to bring up an old thread but my car is driving me crazy doing this and I don't know what I can do to stop it going to put some foam in the rails to soak up the water but has anyone got a more permanent fix?
Old 01-16-2010, 01:12 AM

I had this problem until I had a new roof. The fitter said that my rubber seals were out of place and he had adjusted them, I have had no problems since.
Old 01-16-2010, 04:24 AM

Im having this problem on driver and passenger side too. Its only a few drips as i drive off, but its enough to get a wet shoulder!!
Old 01-16-2010, 08:39 AM

I have had this in the past also, although on a very irregular basis. Mine has stopped doing it for the moment weirdly.

I did get it looked at on the last service and they weren't really too sure, suggesting that the seals should be replaced at a cost of £180 per side! Needless to say I didn't bother..
Old 01-19-2010, 03:51 AM

I had issues before Christmas with the water gathering there and then dropping in when I first moved the car.
Part of the issue was due to parking her facing down hill - the drains run from the rear of the window so it'll drain off more easily if it's parked facing uphill. My other half also treated all of the seals with a silicone spray to rejuvenate them - that seems to have helped too.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:01 AM

I used lots and lots of silicon spray.
Then a few days later did it again.
Then again a few days after.

Massages it into the rubber and all the nooks and crannies.

After a few applications the rubbers actually looked thicker and firmer rather than soft and wrinkly.

It was like an Oil of Olay advert.

Quick Reply: puddle of water