UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Resignation as Moderator

Old 03-08-2003, 09:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Resignation as Moderator

It is with regret that I have decided to give up my moderator duties.

As many of you will recall, there was that incident earlier this week, which was OK - no big problem (and which problem, incidentally, I thought had blown over) but now, today, I've been told by someone else who's just become aware of what happened on Wednesday that he resents the fact that he hasn't been consulted regarding any decisions, actions or comments I've made, that he resents the fact that members with problems always seem to consult me and not him and I've just been told in no uncertain terms that I'm not carrying out my moderator duties properly.

So it seems that I've upset at least two people this week and I'm now getting PMs that I'd rather not read.

Frankly, I'm just too tired for all this just now so, in future, I propose confining my efforts to organising the SuperMeet in May (as one PM rather forcefully suggested I should)

Sorry everyone but, as I say, I can't be done with such childishness right now. If I've offended anyone by anything I've done whilst acting as moderator then I am truly sorry. Anything and everything I have done since I joined this board has been for (what I thought and hoped would be) the best interests of the board as a community.

I'm off now to crack open a bottle of Pinot Grigio, pay some attention to Jill and try to chill out.

As I don't want this to turn into anything ugly, I'm going to carry out one last task as a moderator and close this thread. To anyone who feels that they want to offer me support by responding in a new thread, can I say, thank you, but please don't. I don't want the board to suffer any more than it has.

Pete