UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

rjk's S2000

Old 09-08-2014, 08:26 AM

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

I've had the silver or black caliper dilemma for a while now, black calipers tend to look like a mouth with a missing tooth but silver looks like you've tried to tart them up a bit and draws more attention.overall I think a matt black would be the better of the two.
Old 10-12-2014, 11:05 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bit of an update.

The car had some pretty crap finishing on the alloys when i got it. They were terrible. All the lacquer had come off after a few washes and they were pretty dire. Brake dust was sticking all over them, loads of corrosion etc.

I have had the wheels refurbed in metallic silver by Top Marques in Stoke on Trent. I must say they did an excellent job.

The center caps were also corroded and had chunks missing from them. I used some ptex snowboard repair sticks to fill the gaps, sanded them back and then primed and painted them metallic silver. Its not a perfect match for the wheels but its pretty damn close.

Grabbed some Honda emblems from eBay and put lacquer over them.

All finished this morning and its looking pretty fresh.
rjk's S2000-g9snczm.jpg

rjk's S2000-jpgsvmi.jpg

rjk's S2000-cyqcvxnl.jpg

rjk's S2000-c7qcw95l.jpg
Old 10-12-2014, 11:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Car looks good nice simple but we'll thought out mods

If I was ever to fit a big wing I would go for that style
Old 10-12-2014, 02:06 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Looking good there. Love the wing.
Old 10-27-2014, 02:52 AM

hardtop went back on over the weekend. all seals greased on the softtop for whilst it is stored and also on the hardtop to avoid squeaks and rattles.

Had a rain free day yesterday so took advantage of that by doing a winter protection detail. switched from my showy wax over to collonite.
I actually think I prefer the lustre of the collonite.

the paint is still in brilliant condition since I machine polished it in the summer as I have been keeping on top of the wax.

the front bumper is stone chipped to high heaven though so I really need to look into getting it resprayed after winter.

wheels look superb since the refurb. this was the first time I have washed them since applying the Gtechniq C5 Wheel Armour.
tried it anyway for the sake of £25 and have been skeptical up until now. I have never had such an easy time cleaning wheels. amazing stuff. will be buying again.

rjk's S2000-njitk2ml.jpg

rjk's S2000-2vzafksl.jpg

rjk's S2000-vyy4nmll.jpg

rjk's S2000-eyneojal.jpg
Old 10-22-2017, 10:18 AM

thought I would put a few updates on this and it turned into a nightmare rehosting images.

I added a K&N FIPK at the start of 2017 to try and make the car sound a bit more exciting than a stock S2000. Not the intake I would usually go for but it serves its purpose.
rjk's S2000-8fx0rgjl.jpg

Lots gone on with my car over the past six months. my Pilot Sport 4 tyres got trashed through my alignment being all over the shop. So I put a fresh set of AD08R on the car ready for an overhaul on the suspension.
rjk's S2000-fvvptjql.jpg

An initial visit to TI Motorsport to have them check the bushes and alignment bolts resulted in them identifying every single thing in the wishbones needing a refresh.
I knew this was on the cards so ordered a full set of bushes from Hardrace and a full set of Alignment bolts from Tegiwa.
Luke and Matt at TI Motorsport were really helpful, sent me a list of everything I needed and didnt put any pressure on me to purchase through Tegiwa, in fact they steered me towards the Hardrace bushes as a good option for a road car.

TI Motorsport installed all of the bushes as well as some DME rear toe arms to get the alignment right.
rjk's S2000-ektsafel.jpg

rjk's S2000-vqqzvxel.jpg

the car felt hugely improved after this work but sadly needed a new clutch around the same time so it was pulled off the road for a while.

I used this time to address the rattle on the lower manifold heatshield. Ripped the whole thing off and fitted new bolts as one had come loose.

rjk's S2000-3tgxgdil.jpg

and repaint my calipers with the help of some free child labour

rjk's S2000-vdkbkell.jpg

rjk's S2000-vyrbwinl.jpg
Old 10-22-2017, 10:28 AM

that same week with everything breaking, my drivers window motor jammed and the cable frayed. This scratched the window a little so I got a new motor and new glass to repair it myself.

rjk's S2000-2tkh7qbl.jpg

rjk's S2000-rjvyunel.jpg

rjk's S2000-3g4ghrsl.jpg

rjk's S2000-zxuclyhl.jpg

I also put on some aftermarket radiator stays but didnt like them so decided to take them off and refurbish my OEM ones soon after.

rjk's S2000-m0tzegql.jpg

my brother reversed into my passenger door shortly after this meaning that I had to put the car in for repairs.

rjk's S2000-nqpkk5xl.jpg

rjk's S2000-dhjlca2l.jpg

Whilst it was away, I got my shift knob looking refreshed again.

rjk's S2000-nhwmhl3l.jpg

rjk's S2000-bnsrfeul.jpg

Sadly this month the car has decided to let go on a rear shock.

rjk's S2000-t1xj6gml.jpg

rjk's S2000-htupd77l.jpg

so following my suspension refresh, I will now be fitting some KW V1 coilovers. When they arrive and are fitted I will grab some pictures before it goes back to TI Motorsport for an OEM clutch and a major service.
Old 10-22-2017, 11:48 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Unkucky with the shock - but does give the opportunity to upgrade, as you're doing.

Your paint looks immaculate, is it that unmarked close up (apart from the front stone chips of course)?

Looking back in the thread to the dyne plot, how many miles did the car have on it then? Pretty impressive figure at 240Bhp.
Old 10-22-2017, 01:13 PM

Dyno was at around 65k. It's on 80 now. My clutch has been slipping at high rpm so with the new clutch I'm sure it will feel powerful enough again. TI Motorsport have a MAHA Dyno too so I might be cheeky and ask them to chuck me a free run in with all the work I've had done with them.

The paint is in fairly terrible condition. It looks great with wax and polish on but i know where the problem areas are. My plan once the mechanical issues have been fixed is to concentrate on the interior and paint. I want to refresh the paint on the front and rear wing, get the chips behind the front arch addressed and have some other bits seen to. Then get the seats reupholstered and wheel retrimmed.

All in good time though as the current mechanical problems need to be out of the way so I can spend money on improving the appearance
Old 10-22-2017, 10:41 PM

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

I have a Rick's Voodoo Pearl knob that needs refreshing but I can't find a clear pearl lacquer, what did you use on yours to get that finish?

Apparently my tastes have changed since 2014 - I went with silver calipers in the end

Quick Reply: rjk's S2000