UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

S2000 Luggage capacity

Old 12-11-2006, 08:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default S2000 Luggage capacity

Up until last week my week long trip with Mrs John57 to Devon over Christmas was going to be in a Scooby Impreza Wagon ... with all the space I needed.

Now, in just one week I have managed to sell it and leave us with a little Smart car and two convertibles ! As a result I have a *slightly* smaller boot in an S2K to contend with and the option of either hiring a car for the week away or trying to cram everything into the S.

Do people think it is feasible to get enough in the S for a self catering week in a cottage on Dartmoor ? Can it be done or is the hire car the best option ? If it was the summer I would move heaven and earth to fit the stuff in the S but as it's nasty and cold shall I go for the hire car .... ?

Any views welcome .....
Old 12-11-2006, 08:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i managed to fit 50 bottles of wine and clothes for 17 days for me and the mrs this summer. ok so in winter you need more clothes, but your warm jacket etc you should be wearing as its cold with the roof down this time of year. taking that and-50 bottles of wine into account and you're just a big pansy if you can't pack it all in.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:06 AM

you cant buy it then leave it at home....cram it in there is more room than you think
Old 12-11-2006, 09:08 AM

Don't forget to remove the polystyrene tool inset if you haven't already. Can get a couple of kit bags of clothes in that indentation.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:14 AM

Buy some puncture mousse and take out the spare wheel for more luggage capacity - if you have a puncture you are b*ggered anyway as the boot is full of your luggage already, so you have nowhere to put the punctured tyre! The mousse should get you to a tyre dealer... after all Honda now only supply that on a number of their newer car models from new now instead of a spare wheel.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:16 AM

Plenty of space - so long as you pack the car rather than try and fit large bags in.

Lots of smaller bags - scrunch everything up - I'm sure your cottage will have an iron

Will be fine
Old 12-11-2006, 09:26 AM

I went camping in France for a week and managed clothes, some food, tent and cooking gear without removing the spare wheel
Old 12-11-2006, 09:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like we will be packing carefully then !!

I was going to try but wanted to hear a few replies and ideas first .... in case by chance everybody said don't try it .... but the replies have been what I expected.

five_belliez ....50 bottles of wine though - most impressive

I would resent the
Old 12-11-2006, 09:43 AM

You can get cargo nets that hang off em.

edit - sorry "satchels"

http://www.prestigeautoaccessories.com/sto...&products_id=77

There's some leather ones there too.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:29 AM
B B

As a newbie with less than 3 weeks of ownership I've already carted a mass of stufff around.
3 big plant pots from the garden centre on one trip, & 2 suitcases and 2 soft cases on another.
If your passenger is happy to have the seat set on the penultinate notch, this leaves a huge area behind the seat.
Those hooks ( curry?) just get in the way and as already indicated you can affix storage nets ( pass. and drivers side ) with tiny clips.
( Check out Demon Tweeks catalogue Rally pages for 2 sizes of net )
I currently have one of these small nets alongside the gearbox tunnel on the drivers side and 2 in the boot. One creates an enclosure where the boot moulding creates a deep indent on the off side, the other where there is another indent on the rear wall over the 'secret compartment'.

A while ago, pre-S2000 I had a tyre blow and disintegrate & without a spare I would have been stranded inconvenienced & hugely delayed. In my S2000 I would hope to accomodate much of the luggage in the spare wheel area & the hood well whilst I transport the blown/punctured tyre in the boot t the enares garage.

Quick Reply: S2000 Luggage capacity