UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Thump

Old 04-30-2001, 01:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

some lunatic in a landrover drove into me over the weekend (and then tried to drive off without stopping). not suprisingly, the s2000 came off worse, so i need some new bodywork. does anyone have any recommendations for decent honda garages around london/south london? the people i bought the car from were fine, but honda seem to have withdrawn their franchise, so i'm not sure if i should use them any more

thanks,

stephen
Old 04-30-2001, 03:26 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Stephen

Sorry to hear about your accident - grim indeed.

I have had the need to repair my previous honda (Sebring Silver Prelude VTEC). I use my (relatively) local Honda Dealer, Edenbridge Honda in Edenbridge, Kent. They do not have their own bodyshop (do any dealers these days?), but in Edenbridge there is a Honda approved bodyshop (therefore repairs made do not invalidate Honda warantees) called Alfred Cocker and Sons, and they have been excellent on the 2 occasions I have needed their services.

If they are close enough to you, give them a bell (01732 862564) and ask to speak to Steve (Cocker) - mention my name if you like (Ian Linnett).

Hope this helps,

Good luck
Ian
Old 04-30-2001, 05:59 AM

I have used Cornes Honda of Ewell for a variety of thing in the past. Give them a call, think the number is 0208 394 1441 ?
Old 04-30-2001, 11:35 AM

Sorry to hear of your encounter, I kow how it feels to see a damaged Stook.

I have also had the need to use Cornes of Ewell, 020 8394 1441 is definitely the number the service manager is called Graham Huggett and his front of house service supervisor is called Steve.
The bodyshop is down in Weybridge (called J & M or something - they appear to be an independent linked to Cornes). The work has been excellent, but the car had to go back 3 times because they left bits off, didn't adjust the door closing properly and had my headlights pointing at the stars, other than that, you'd never know they had been there.

Ross
Old 05-01-2001, 07:29 AM

Sorry to hear about your accident...why doesn't this behaviour surprise me coming from the owner of said car type?
If your still looking for Honda dealers/repairers in London, there used to be a very large one in delightful Tooting (Elite Motors). Can't tell you anything good or bad about them, I just know they exist. Likewise, if you want to travel a little further out, theres another in Shepperton (not a million miles from the workshop in Weybridge that someone also mentioned).

Good luck !
Old 05-03-2001, 04:02 AM

thanks all for the advice. i called a few honda dealers and they were all pretty useless about wanting the business. given that there are none within an hour of me, most of them still considered it reasonable that i drove over for a quote, then took my car away and came back a few days later for the work to be done. anyway, i called up the honda (uk) bodywork and warrantee people (yes, such a department does exist) to check if there were any warrentee issues with getting a non-honda dealer to do the work. as soon as i mentioned that i was going to give the work to a non-honda garage, they phoned up my nearest honda garage, read them the riot act and got it booked in for a single quote-and-repair visit.

s
Old 05-03-2001, 09:33 AM

as soon as i mentioned that i was going to give the work to a non-honda garage, they phoned up my nearest honda garage, read them the riot act and got it booked in for a single quote-and-repair visit.

I should think so too

Good Luck