Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

Chicago for service and light mods

Old 02-01-2016, 10:02 AM

Received 37 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Chicago for service and light mods

I just struck a deal for an S2000. I couldn't be more excited. I've been lurking on S2ki for a while and its a great community. I might do some light mods in the future, but have no plans for forced induction or anything major. I plan to do a few autocrosses and a track day or two, but the car will be for the street.

I know this question has been asked on here. I did searches and several of the shops were out of business. There was a member with screen name Phong (?) but I couldn't seem to find him. I have spoken with Dan Rivers and he sounds great. He is almost an hour away from me though. I'm on the north shore.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions. I'm very excited to to be a member of the community.

Edit: To be clear I'm looking for a suggestion for a shop, not looking for mod suggestions.
Old 02-01-2016, 02:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome, Idk If I missed the question being asked here..... are you asking about what shops are around here or what mods should you do first?
Old 02-01-2016, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by proracer07
Welcome, Idk If I missed the question being asked here..... are you asking about what shops are around here or what mods should you do first?
Sorry for not being clear. I'm looking for a shop.
I'll edit the original post.
Old 02-01-2016, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by ChiHonda
Sorry for not being clear. I'm looking for a shop. I'll edit the original post.
there is a lot of shops out there RCN motorwerks, RC autoworks, Profunction, OneSix, and ILL Garage. All reliable, Profunction is pretty favorable around here, when it comes to tuning, to getting your valves adjusted, to anything Honda related most people head there.
Old 02-02-2016, 06:05 PM

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

+1 for mikey at profunction. Bob at rc auto is also very good people. I dont know Rcn,illgarage or onesix personally but have heard good things but no first hand experiance

Welcome to the club

Keep your eyes pealed in this subforum for the springtime maintenance day. Iirc its twerk team racings meet and invite us all over and do a big group maintenance day. I myself am hoping for some help will a roll bar install and valve adjustment this year... we shall see
Old 02-03-2016, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by scottdh20
+1 for mikey at profunction. Bob at rc auto is also very good people. I dont know Rcn,illgarage or onesix personally but have heard good things but no first hand experiance

Welcome to the club

Keep your eyes pealed in this subforum for the springtime maintenance day. Iirc its twerk team racings meet and invite us all over and do a big group maintenance day. I myself am hoping for some help will a roll bar install and valve adjustment this year... we shall see
Thanks for the heads up. I'll definitely be checking this forum and look out for the springtime maintenance day. Seeing whether I know a spark plug from an oil cap might be a laugh for some people in attendance.
Old 02-03-2016, 01:03 PM

Thanks for the heads up. I'll definitely be checking this forum and look out for the springtime maintenance day. Seeing whether I know a spark plug from an oil cap might be a laugh for some people in attendance.
Don't feel embarrassed to ask for help, when you need it.
Old 02-03-2016, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by proracer07
Don't feel embarrassed to ask for help, when you need it.
Thanks Proracer! Will do.
Old 02-06-2016, 03:21 AM

Received 102 Likes on 71 Posts

King is my recommendation. I also do alot of S2000 work myself, but I'm not local as I am in Waukesha WI, ten minutes from King.
Old 02-09-2016, 06:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome

I have gone to Profunction and have had Phong work on my car numerous times. I fully trust both and can tell you that I have always been very happy with their services. If you want to get ahold of Phong send me a PM and I'll get you guys in touch with each other. Where in the Northshore are you located at? I stay in Northbrook, and will be able to host a few mini tech days this summer.

Quick Reply: Chicago for service and light mods