Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

Finally got my Rotor's installed

Old 04-12-2005, 03:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally got my Rotor's installed

I ordered Crossdrilled and Slotted rotor's from Spugen almost 6 weeks ago and the last one showed up yesterday. When I ordered them they first shipped me 3 of them 2 Front & 1 rear. I got a e-mail saying the other was back ordered and was 2 days behind, witch it was. When I received it it was the same as what they sent me another left rear so I had 2 left rears, so them I thought I better open the fronts and low and behold I had 2 right fronts so I call Duc at Spugen and he can't belive it so I had to take pics and e-mail them to him. He e-mails me back to say ship the 1 front & 1 rear back. So two weeks ago I got the other rear and yesterday I finally got the other front. This is the only reason I hate to order for the Internet or from Cali. Because if they don't have what you ordered in stock they take your money and you have to play the waiting game and I am like a KID I want it now "I HATE TO WAIT. But I did go on to install them last night.
Old 04-12-2005, 05:45 AM

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

I hope you changed your pads at the same time?
What kind did you use, don't forget the bed in process.

And where are our pics?
Old 04-12-2005, 07:14 PM

Walt, you are not alone...many of us feel the same way about mail order, but are just stuck waiting (when I finally decide to spend my hard earned money, I want the item NOW)

Funny thing about brakes is that most of us end up doing what you are doing-rotors and pads. I thought I read that the "racer" version of the process is to bed new pads on used rotors, and bed new rotors to used pads?

-Justin
Old 04-12-2005, 10:05 PM
Banned

Where are the pics???
Old 04-13-2005, 03:22 AM

Justin I just think it a bunch of when you do a mail order and have to wait. I am wanting to buy some other parts but I will have to choose wisely. What sucks is I like Duc at Spugen but 7 weeks is a little redickuless and I didn't get any extras like he said he was going to do. I will get pics today when I get home and post.
Old 04-13-2005, 06:48 AM
Banned

Duc is a good guy. Everything I have ordered from him has been great. He has also got it to me in a very timely manor. It sucks that you had so much trouble, Walter.
Old 04-13-2005, 02:51 PM

Yea go figure when I wanted them this happened to me, but on the up side now it don't really mater because they are on the car.
Old 04-13-2005, 03:33 PM
Banned

Good attitude!

Make sure you break those things in real well. They will work much better then.
Old 04-13-2005, 03:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WaltsS2K,Apr 13 2005, 05:51 PM
Yea go figure when I wanted them this happened to me, but on the up side now it don't really mater because they are on the car.
Hey,

At least you have an S to drive. Mine's still in the shop! Grrrr.

First it was going to be ready last Friday. Then it was going to be ready today at 4:30PM. Now they are saying I can pick it up at noon tomorrow.

Geoff, do you have your wheels on the car? I would like to see your tires, one of these days. Walt, we need pics.

I understand how you feel, Walt.
Old 04-13-2005, 04:06 PM
Banned

Here you go, Bob.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...&f=12&t=283237

I was just speaking to Walt a few minutes ago and asked him if he had heard how your car is coming. Good to see that all will be well soon.

Quick Reply: Finally got my Rotor's installed