Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

Gingerman 4/23/2011 threeballsracing

Old 12-28-2010, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gingerman 4/23/2011 threeballsracing

Hello Again!

So I attended two "threeballsracing" events at gingerman last year and they were a blast. The registration is open and the first event is for April 23rd. I plan on attending and wanted to see if any fellow S2ki'ers would be interested.

It costs 160 for the day and there is always plenty of track time. Ken is the guy in charge of the events and I really like the way he does things. No issues with S2000's for being convertible. Also the track policy was pretty lax as far as passengers and stuff so bringing a friend or family member can be fun.

ALSO, Gingerman has finished remodeling the track!
New turn and elongated straight.

Two of my friends are bringing their Subaru's (2008 WRX hatch, and 2009 WRX sedan) I have been trying to explain to the why IMHO S2000 is a better track car regardless of straight line speed ... but I digress.

Well, if a few of you plan to attend, maybe we can meet and roll up to the track together. If you are curious about attending but haven't participated in a track event before, Gingerman is the perfect beginners track!

Happy New Year
-Matt

Gingerman Home Page

Three Balls Racing Event Info
Old 01-02-2011, 12:15 PM

Anyone!? Is it too early to think about it ? I guess I will be all alone
Old 01-02-2011, 05:30 PM

I will be happy to attend. Any more info on when and where exactly? I'm new to going to and participating in events.
Old 01-02-2011, 06:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm surprised more of the track guy haven't posted up about this, but I'm guessing many of them are busy with things outside of the forum and haven't been online the past few days.

The price definitely sounds reasonable, and I can't say I've heard anything bad about running with their group, so I would imagine it will be a good track day.

I'm holding out to do some volunteering at NASA events so that I can get some big savings when I actually run.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I may skip the Dragon this year and come out for this instead. I have not run with Ken and the rest of the 3Balls crew for awhile now. They do put on a great event with a lot of time on the track at a great price.

I wonder if they are still providing pizza and fluids for that price still?
Old 01-03-2011, 08:42 AM

I can't make it. I can only afford to go to a few events this year and i'm putting the April NASA Mid-Ohio date as priority. Plus I'm already going to Gingerman in July for WMHM 11.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:43 PM

Glad to see a few people interested! I'm sure that interest will pick up as we get closer to nicer weather.

I will be happy to attend. Any more info on when and where exactly? I'm new to going to and participating in events.
Jkk: if you click the links I provided all of your questions will be answered. or just google "threeballsracing" and navigate to the gingerman event. There is a tech inspection form and a few other things like track rules and stuff. If you have any further questions feel free to ask, I have been to this track many time and a few threeballs events.

I may skip the Dragon this year and come out for this instead. I have not run with Ken and the rest of the 3Balls crew for awhile now. They do put on a great event with a lot of time on the track at a great price.

The email I got from Ken did not mention pizza, but even with out it its still a great price and like you a said a great group of people. I usually hold out to register till the date approaches, sometimes (rarely) the weather man can scare me out of an event.

Looking forward to this like crazy!
Old 01-04-2011, 04:49 AM
Site Moderator

Received 2,587 Likes on 1,903 Posts

It's the weekend right after WTD, so I'm a maybe. 3Balls puts on a good event, my only fear is the temperature in April.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:36 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Pruhnke,Jan 3 2011, 07:56 AM

This is most likely what i will try and do to.. I hope all goes well for this to happen
Old 01-04-2011, 09:16 AM

may try to make this vs the dragon as well

Quick Reply: Gingerman 4/23/2011 threeballsracing