Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

Off-Topic conversations and the Windy City

Old 09-25-2006, 04:24 AM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Off-Topic conversations and the Windy City

I would like to clarify some things about the Windy City forum and make an announcement.

First the clarifications:

1. The Windy City forum is NOT a Chicago-only posting area. It is meant to be shared as the off-topic discussion area for all of the UMW.

2. It is a public forum so any and all are welcome to visit and play.

3. It is not meant to be, nor will it be a place for people to simply post nothing to boost their PPD rating.

4. It was created because too much conversation (often off-topic) was cluttering up threads about meets, and making it hard for people to find information about meets.

The Announcement:
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=424994

I have posted some new guidelines for the Windy City forum that I believe will help make it more accessible to people. It is for ALL of us, and it is what YOU make it. So please, have a look at the guidelines.

Feel free to make comments or criticisms here. I am more than willing to listen to suggestions for other guidelines, or if you have a concern that is not addressed by the guidelines, feel free to comment or question. If you do not feel comfortable posting your concerns in a public forum, feel free to PM sw05s2k, Luder94 or myself.

Thanks!

Pete
Old 09-25-2006, 07:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pete, thanks for starting this thread. The board evolves as the active poster membership changes.

I guess now is a good time for us to decide how we want to use the WC forum. I can understand the point you've raised where the WC shouldn't be a place for us to just post random smileys or treat it as a means to up our PPD, at least those types of posting should be restricted to a few threads.

But my understanding is that the WC was created because the main UMW forum was cluttered to those type of threads you identified. And now it seems the WC is being cluttered with off-topic, off-topic posts.

I don't want to type too much now but invite others to chime in. Then I can respond with subsequent PPD-raising posts. And insert the occasional here and there.

Old 09-25-2006, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by jadyn,Sep 25 2006, 10:30 AM
But my understanding is that the WC was created because the main UMW forum was cluttered to those type of threads you identified. And now it seems the WC is being cluttered with off-topic, off-topic posts.
Basically, but the idea is that if we limit the ing to just those few threads, that the REST of the threads that get posted in WC will not be ed and will stay on topic and actually be useful.

For example: The Cingular/Sprint thread, the Swimmers in Chicago thread, and the reccomended Tattoo parlor thread.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:08 AM

That sounds reasonable and just, thanks Pete.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awwww Petey boy is all grown up.......

Anyways it all makes sense and I think its a move in the right direction. Carry on.
Old 09-29-2006, 06:36 AM

Any comments from anyone that DOESN'T regularly check the Windy City forum?
Old 09-29-2006, 06:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I rarely ever look in there b/c I was under the impression it was mainly for only the Chicago-area people. I have posted in there a few times, and now I'll start to view it more regularly.
Old 09-29-2006, 11:08 AM

I still don't understand why people whore just to bump their PPD. But I guess some people have more time than others.

But either way sounds good to me.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:56 PM

Old 04-20-2009, 07:18 PM

Never looked, maybe I will sometime

Quick Reply: Off-Topic conversations and the Windy City