Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

Sad News and Stepping Down

Old 03-03-2014, 07:09 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sad News and Stepping Down

First of all, I want to say that I've found immense enjoyment in being a Community Organizer for the UMW for the past 3 and a half years. I continue to meet wonderful people through this community, as well as maintain and cherish so many of the connections I've already made.

Unfortunately, as perhaps evidenced in my largely reduced activity on the forum, my current job (and, particularly, my new role at work) has significantly reduced the amount of time I have to moderate this forum and plan / organize meets and events. As a result, I simply don't feel that I am able to adequately serve as a CO anymore, especially when I know that there are other community members who have every bit as much, if not more, passion for this group, along with far more available time to dedicate. Because of this, I have decided to step down as a CO, and in the coming weeks we will have a thread for new nominations, followed by a poll to select my replacement. I will maintain the position until this process has completed.

While this decision had been made over a month ago, I have some additional, sad news. A little over two weeks ago, I was out driving my S2000 enjoying one of the slightly warmer days in recent months when I was hit by another driver. Thankfully, neither him nor I were seriously injured physically, but it has now been confirmed that my S2000 is a total loss. While I do not intend on replacing it with another S2000, make no mistake that I still intend to be involved with this wonderful community. In other words, you haven't gotten rid of me yet!

Thanks again to all of you who make this community what it is, and I wish the best of luck to whomever my new successor may be.
Old 03-03-2014, 07:30 AM
Site Moderator

Received 2,618 Likes on 1,918 Posts

Thanks Garrison.
Old 03-03-2014, 07:37 AM

Received 1,144 Likes on 1,065 Posts

Glad to hear you're okay Garrison.

One of the signs of a good leader is knowing when to move on. Great to hear you'll still be part of the community.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:07 AM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I'm very sorry to hear about the accident. I'm glad to hear you are Ok though.

Thank you for your support and work on behalf of the community.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:38 AM

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

You have been an icon, on here Garrison ... Godspeed to you ...!!!
Old 03-03-2014, 08:52 AM
Former Moderator

Received 139 Likes on 115 Posts

Thanks for everything buddy. Look forward to seeing what the next k-funk mobile will be.
Btw, does this mean no more middle of the night texts? just kidding

See you in May, if not sooner
Old 03-03-2014, 09:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gawd, what will it take to be rid of this guy? Hahaha j/k. You know as well as anyone that past, present and future owners are always welcomed. Even when we make fun of your next car (i bet itll be a mini countyman) youre still amd always will be an huge part of the UMW group.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Too early to ask if the front bumper is ok? Dibs

God bless sir - super glad you're ok. You've been a great CO.

Just make sure to not settle on the insurance company's first offer. Curious on where your brain is with the replacement.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:08 AM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used the term, "Immense Pleasure" during an Outer Banks S2000 rally and the community never let me live it down. Haha!

Glad you're ok.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:34 AM

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jeggy
Gawd, what will it take to be rid of this guy?
Was it you that hit him?

Also, I tried to convince him to get another S but I guess he's just not cool enough to be in the 3 S2000 club.

Quick Reply: Sad News and Stepping Down