S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Utah S2000 Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/utah-s2000-owners-29/)
-   -   Considering a move to SLC! (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/utah-s2000-owners-29/considering-move-slc-456284/)

CourageOO7 01-25-2007 07:53 PM

Wow! You guys responded! I didn't think anyone would chime in. Thanks so much for the information. Spidale, I have lived in the DC area my entire life. HOWEVER, I can't take the crime, general lack of security, congestion, and retarded cost of living out here. People here put bling bling plastic spinners on their Tercels and I'm growing tired of it.

My MAJOR concerns are employment and housing. Housing is simple compared to DC...no one has offered any tips on employment so far but who knows.

I considered Boulder and Colorado Springs but the snow in Utah is the best in NA. :) Besides, in CO you've gotta drive 60 miles to get anywhere...it's obnoxious.

Euclid, thanks for the tips on good locations. I will look into housing there. Guys, I am really looking forward to check out U of Utah and exploring this more. If you're serious about grabbing a 3% ABV beer, I will post up before flying out there. hehe

Can anyone tell me what the major companies in SLC are? I keep hearing about the "Bay Area." Is that a city? What's that like? THANKS!

msm_s2k 01-25-2007 07:58 PM

Bay areas ... is northern California ... San Francisco ... around the bay. :D

There are a lot of companies here. Many of the same companies that you'll find elsewhere. Are you looking exclusively for companies that are HQ'ed in Utah? You're a potential grad student ... do you need lessons on using the Internet? I'll bet my 14 year old can get you a listing off the web! :p

CourageOO7 01-25-2007 08:32 PM

smartass

spidale5 01-26-2007 09:41 AM

I don't hate it and I don't love it. I can go either way, that's all. Anyways...

Let me know when you'll be in the area, I'll grab a beer with ya. There are some pretty good microbrew pubs in SLC. As far as your company search I found this site. Maybe it will help a bit:
Utah's Largest Employers

And YES, Mike is a smartass...

msm_s2k 01-26-2007 11:02 AM

:(

CourageOO7 01-26-2007 11:23 AM

Thanks Spi! :woot:
I'll post up when the time gets closer.

CourageOO7 01-27-2007 07:04 AM

YOU GUYS BADGED ME! HA! Thanks so much! I think it's hilarious that the guys in the Mid-A know me from a dyno day and a few meets and haven't given me a badge because I've "only" been to 4 or 5 events.

I'll wear the badge proudly! If anyone knows someone important at the UofU law school or business school I'd appreciate if I got an acceptance letter to the joint program. :monkey:

CourageOO7 01-31-2007 10:09 AM

Well...all the essays are done and the application is done. I'm just waiting on my GMAT scores and my recommendations. Utah, here I come!

CourageOO7 02-27-2007 06:27 PM

Well guys, I am still waiting to hear back from U of U but check this note out from the Director of Admissions:

"Good to hear from you. Has one of our students contacted you about an interview yet? We have an admissions meeting this week and I expect good things for you."

I may be headed out there soon! :) I have to be there by August 20 for Fall semester.

CourageOO7 02-27-2007 06:35 PM

Crap, now I'm all nervous. I have to think about how the hell I am going to live out there. I guess student loans will be the only way to go.
sigh
Debt, here I come!