S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Vancouver BC S2000 Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/vancouver-bc-s2000-owners-112/)
-   -   greddy SE dual vs fujitsubo legalis R (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/vancouver-bc-s2000-owners-112/greddy-se-dual-vs-fujitsubo-legalis-r-788253/)

vanabc 05-11-2010 03:11 AM

greddy SE dual vs fujitsubo legalis R

i currently get bored with my stock ap2 so i decided to get some little mods. i am thinking to get new exhuast because the stock exhuast give little passion to a sport car :D , however i dont want something loud/drone cause i DD my s. After a week researching and reading on board, greddy SE dual and fujitsubo legalis R seem to be the best choices regarding the volume and quality (both made in Japan i think).
For my understanding, fujitsubo legalis R is the quietest in the market and many people claim that it is too close to stock that not worth its $1000+ price. I have a buddy has it on his si and i think it's petty nice for DD. i never get a chance to hear it on an S in person so i dont know how it sounds. For greddy se dual, i think it should be louder than the fujitsubo and most people think it still good for DD. Also, i do not expect power gain from exhuast mod instead i am kind of worry about loss power (maybe low end torque) since i have stock intake/header/ECU.
I think some of you guys have those exhuast on your car, share you opinions please :D
the last question, you guys boguht it at local distributors or ordered online?

thanks in advance!!! :hello:

kenny_son 05-11-2010 07:17 AM

Greddy SE for sure!!!

Cam (SS04) has the dual. and Taylor (Koski) has the single. And i believe taylor is planning on selling his Greddy SE single.

the fujitsubo is seriously like stock. with shiny mufflers.

jav 05-11-2010 08:32 AM

between those 2.. the greddy se dual. i want that exhaust :(

vanabc 05-11-2010 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by kenny_son,May 11 2010, 07:17 AM
Greddy SE for sure!!!

Cam (SS04) has the dual. and Taylor (Koski) has the single. And i believe taylor is planning on selling his Greddy SE single.

the fujitsubo is seriously like stock. with shiny mufflers.

thanks kenny, i think i will go for dual since it's quieter than single and....personally i dont want to leave a big exhaust hole on my rear bumper :p

vanabc 05-11-2010 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by jav,May 11 2010, 08:32 AM
between those 2.. the greddy se dual. i want that exhaust :(

group buy maybe :D

viNz86 05-11-2010 10:27 AM

Actually, taylors greddy single se is much quieter than cams dual greddy se...heard both in person without testpipes. I'm sure others will vouch for this too. We we were all surprised.

vanabc 05-11-2010 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by viNz86,May 11 2010, 10:27 AM
Actually, taylors greddy single se is much quieter than cams dual greddy se...heard both in person without testpipes. I'm sure others will vouch for this too. We we were all surprised.

that's intersting :ponder: :ponder:

kenny_son 05-11-2010 10:59 AM

yupp...

I like the dual cause its louder.
the single is too quiet for me.

ohkun 05-11-2010 11:05 AM

I have Fujitsubo on my car and it is REALLY quiet.

you won't hear the exhaust once vtec kicks in.. intake noise takes over.

I might buy testpipe and see if it gets bit louder.

ss04 05-11-2010 11:53 AM

Don't buy the Greddy SE dual if you are looking for a quiet exhaust. You are more than welcome to come for a ride in my car to hear it for yourself. I have the SE Dual and a T1R 70mm TP. It's not quiet. It's not overwhelmingly loud either, but there is definitely some drone (with or without the TP)

I love the sound of it, and from what everyone else says about it, it sounds great when I'm WOT (especially in tunnels :LOL: )

But yeah, it's not quiet. I thought it would be quiet judging from what everyone writes about it. Apparently "quiet" is subjective.