Vancouver BC S2000 Owners Meet fellow owners in the Canadian province of British Columbia.

Vancouver members please help...

Old 07-12-2006, 04:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vancouver members please help...

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showt...0&#entry8090635

Please read... I'm a bit unsure of what to do at this point.
Old 07-12-2006, 04:38 PM

I replied, just look for another supercharger and change your plans, I know its a HUGE inconvenience for you but sometimes you have to be flexible as I once was told.

Wish you all the best in whatever other purchases happen.

Let us know if you are coming to Vancouver, you can buy us 5g's worth in alcohol to wipe away your sorrows. j/k
Old 07-12-2006, 04:47 PM

agreed about being flexible. ive had many transactions on this board, and i know u dont always get what you want for the price you want... but in the end at least you get it.

i thought i was being pretty flexible coming down personally to do a local pick up...
Old 07-12-2006, 09:09 PM

It's too bad that it didn't work out. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it though. Hang in there and you'll find another deal soon enough. At the end of the day it's not yours until you've paid for it. So to be fair to the seller first one to his door with the cash takes it.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:12 PM

i thought thats what deposits are for? oh well, i'll see how this plays out.

thanks for the input
Old 07-13-2006, 01:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a tough one. I am not a lawyer, so my understanding of the legalalities are limited. If the emails that are in the thread are complete and represent the full extent of your communications, it looks to me like you had a contract and possibly there might be a breach of contract at this time. Of course, this is based on rather minimal course work in contract law years ago during my business degree.

This being said, I wonder if it is worth pushing the issue. You would need to go to court and deal with all the hassles, and if I remeber correctly you can only sue for out of pocket expenses and you have an obligation to mitigate your losses (limit the extent of your losses). It seems like a lot of hassle for not a lot of return...

If you really want to push the issue, I guess a lawyer would be a better place to seek advice. In the meantime, I hope we can meet up with you when you get into Vancouver.

Take care.
Old 07-13-2006, 06:24 AM

Thats exactly what I also remember from my business law class many years ago.

The posted emails are complete, and the moment he accepted my deposit he entered into a contractual agreement. In the mean time i have been trying to cancel my hotel bookings, and unfortunately i'd still have to pay a penalty.

so now the question is, pay the penalty or take an unplanned vacation to vancouver. I've been to vancouver several times before, but since this is kind of last minute, i wouldnt really know where to go as i dont know the city very well. im not a big fan of wandering around aimlessly either
Old 07-17-2006, 05:28 PM

Thanks for all your advice everyone, it looks like the issue has been resolved for the moment.

I've updated the original thread.

Looks like i'll be heading down to vancouver