Wheels and Tires Discussion about wheels and tires for the S2000.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Offset guidance

Old 04-13-2020, 02:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Offset guidance

Hello,
I am looking for some guidance on what I should be looking for in offset when shopping for wheels, the ones I want only go up to +30. Thinking of doing a square set up but may also want to stagger them still maybe. I am gunna be lowering it soon too as much as I can. As well as adding some camber to it. The body is all stock rn, but I do plan on getting some new fenders soon too..

Old 04-13-2020, 03:13 PM

Received 418 Likes on 318 Posts

What wheels? What width? Fenders rolled? Suspension modified?

This stuff is so basic.
The following users liked this post:
Fitzys_RedS2k (04-13-2020)
Old 04-13-2020, 03:16 PM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

You are all over the place while providing very few details. Budget for said wheels? Styles you like or dislike? Why are you buying new fenders? What fenders? Why not just have the OEM fenders rolled? How much are you going to lower it and with what? Coilovers? Springs? Quarantine weight gain? We can't give recommendations blindly but you should start here. That car looks very clean take your time and be patient with doing mods.
Fitzys_RedS2k (04-13-2020)
Old 04-13-2020, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by TsukubaCody
What wheels? What width? Fenders rolled? Suspension modified?

This stuff is so basic.
getting budget wheels, currently looking JNC’s. 17x8 +30 all around if I go with the white ones I want. Will that work if I roll/pull my fenders ?
no suspension modification yet but like I said I will be lowering soon, and it’ll be on coils
Old 04-13-2020, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Manga_Spawn
You are all over the place while providing very few details. Budget for said wheels? Styles you like or dislike? Why are you buying new fenders? What fenders? Why not just have the OEM fenders rolled? How much are you going to lower it and with what? Coilovers? Springs? Quarantine weight gain? We can't give recommendations blindly but you should start here. That car looks very clean take your time and be patient with doing mods.
Sorry I am new to all of this, just got it few months ago. I am getting new fenders cause one of them is messed up tho. But I found some Duraflex A-sport fenders I like for the front. As far as wheels I am looking at JNC’s like I said to another person, I like the 5 spoke deep dish look and I want these white ones with gold rivets I found on their site
Old 04-13-2020, 06:42 PM

Received 418 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by Fitzys_RedS2k
getting budget wheels, currently looking JNC’s. 17x8 +30 all around if I go with the white ones I want. Will that work if I roll/pull my fenders ?
no suspension modification yet but like I said I will be lowering soon, and it’ll be on coils
17x8 +30 is a bad idea that is narrower than OEM AP2 wheels in the rear AND requires fender roll.

Also JNC is supremely low quality junk.
Old 04-13-2020, 09:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TsukubaCody
17x8 +30 is a bad idea that is narrower than OEM AP2 wheels in the rear AND requires fender roll.

Also JNC is supremely low quality junk.
Couldn't agree more. I actually bought a JNC wheel to make a table (cause I was damn sure not paying 1000$ for a single wheel). Sure it looks good in picture, but the finish is garbage. Rough paint job, very low quality casting technique (probably is gravity cast), chipping paint at some places and I have very high doubts on the ride they offer.

Old 04-13-2020, 09:15 PM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

My opinions:

- Get the car lowered first. I have some 20mm spacers you could run with stock wheels which would make a nice improvement.
- Skip the fenders. It's a waste to end up with an inferior product compared to stock just to fit some cheap wheels.
- Use your entire budget for fenders/wheels for a quality set of wheels that will fit with a basic fender roll if necessary.
Fitzys_RedS2k (04-14-2020)
Old 04-13-2020, 10:26 PM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

What he said. Duraflex anything is trash and going to fit like crap. Those wheels are a waste of money. How bad is the messed up fender? Having that fixed will cost way less than getting the duraflex fenders to fit and painted. Red is difficult to match and I speak from experience.

Don’t cheap out on parts. Wait. Save and buy good quality parts. Trust me I wasted a lot on buying cheaper parts just to replace them later which ends up costing me more in the end.
Old 04-14-2020, 09:56 AM
Jub

Received 387 Likes on 310 Posts

17x9 is the most popular size to go "square" all around. It is said that +45 - +63 can fit with rolled, stock fenders, and front camber joints. People debate about the lower end of the spectrum but it is pretty agreed upon that +60ish offset 17x9's work with stock, rolled fenders, and some additional camber. I agree with the above that cheap parts are a bad idea. Duraflex body parts are pretty widely known to be poor fitting. I don't know anything about JNC wheels but do know that +30 is not a great offset for a stock fender S2000. Aftermarket parts for this car, especially ones that have a positive impact on anything not strictly cosmetic, are not cheap. Nice car! looks super clean.
Fitzys_RedS2k (04-14-2020)

Quick Reply: Offset guidance