Wheels and Tires Discussion about wheels and tires for the S2000.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BFGoodrich g-Force COMP-2 A/S

Old 11-28-2015, 12:36 PM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

Originally Posted by King Tut
Originally Posted by Ricky_Flowers_' timestamp='1448611555' post='23813592
You DO NOT need a 200TW tire to enjoy your car.
This is the most outlandish thing I have ever read on S2ki.
I thought bothering to run this car out on the track with all seasons was the first one. I hate spending $300 for a day of parade laps.

Of course I come from the thought that using the term adequacy and s2000 and tires didn't go in the same sentence together. You ever see a cat try and walk with mittens on? Yeah its pretty sad to witness.
Old 11-29-2015, 02:20 PM
Community Organizer

Received 217 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
Originally Posted by King Tut' timestamp='1448644745' post='23813835
[quote name='Ricky_Flowers_' timestamp='1448611555' post='23813592']You DO NOT need a 200TW tire to enjoy your car.
I thought bothering to run this car out on the track with all seasons was the first one. I hate spending $300 for a day of parade laps.

Of course I come from the thought that using the term adequacy and s2000 and tires didn't go in the same sentence together. You ever see a cat try and walk with mittens on? Yeah its pretty sad to witness.
[/quote]

You're saying a tire that is superior to the OEM equipment this car came with is not good enough for track use? Are you serious?

FYI, the BFGoodrich Sport Comp2 is the spec tire that Skip Barber Racing School use on ALL of their cars, INCLUDING their formula cars. It's is a grippy tire that is extremely predictable and communicative to drive on, and is a fantastic all-around tire that works well in dry and wet. I think I'll take personal experience and the endorsement of a national, extremely successful racing school over the hypothetical, bunk opinion of a keyboard warrior. Your point is as silly as the people who say they NEED a wing and r-comps if they're going on track.

Also, if you're on track, in your car, and you're not ACTUALLY COMPETING for something, guess what? YOU'RE RUNNING PARADE LAPS! The entire premise of HPDE is track driving with no competition. You mean to tell me you only enjoy driving your car if you're faster than other people? Do you have any idea how ludicrous you sound?
Old 11-29-2015, 07:25 PM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

Originally Posted by Ricky_Flowers_
Originally Posted by s2000Junky' timestamp='1448746569' post='23814569
[quote name='King Tut' timestamp='1448644745' post='23813835']
[quote name='Ricky_Flowers_' timestamp='1448611555' post='23813592']You DO NOT need a 200TW tire to enjoy your car.

[/quote]

You're saying a tire that is superior to the OEM equipment this car came with is not good enough for track use? Are you serious?

FYI, the BFGoodrich Sport Comp2 is the spec tire that Skip Barber Racing School use on ALL of their cars, INCLUDING their formula cars. It's is a grippy tire that is extremely predictable and communicative to drive on, and is a fantastic all-around tire that works well in dry and wet. I think I'll take personal experience and the endorsement of a national, extremely successful racing school over the hypothetical, bunk opinion of a keyboard warrior. Your point is as silly as the people who say they NEED a wing and r-comps if they're going on track.

Also, if you're on track, in your car, and you're not ACTUALLY COMPETING for something, guess what? YOU'RE RUNNING PARADE LAPS! The entire premise of HPDE is track driving with no competition. You mean to tell me you only enjoy driving your car if you're faster than other people? Do you have any idea how ludicrous you sound?
[/quote]

Well thats debatable. It may be a good all season, but its still an all season. Its a limitation for such an investment. But if your slow enough for it to not show any lack for you yet, then I guess thats all that matters for now. Obviously my position is to run a tire which has a precise handling and grip character that is at least up to par with the factory s2000 suspension. If your running a stiffer/modified suspension on this car, your quickly going to exceed what anything but a choice in the Extreme Summer line up would be a balanced match for.

I don't run a rear wing, nor R comps. I have built my car to be balanced for me around an extreme summer with a factory weight s2k. You would be correct that I personally am not finding my track outings fun/worthwhile unless im beating others and my own times against the clock. Parade laps not for me, no. I enjoy improving and the bragging rights that go along with doing well, thats what drives me most. Strange concept in a sports car club I know . Hanging out with my good buddies and some of the other s2k club guys is fun and important to me as well secondarily, but don't need the track time to enjoy friends. I have just as much fun if not more going for a relaxing or spirited drive out in the countryside, again I don't need to spend $300 a day for that. The track is more business for me, an opportunity in the past to test/tune my car, and now thats dialed in its just continuing to be productive in improving my times. Im currently less then 1 sec off the pace for the quickest Naturally aspirated street tire s2k on my local 2.5 mile track, and of course my goal is to take care of that deficit, so I don't have to say im second quickest. I always need something to work towards to keep me coming back or I can lose interest, certainly if it cost a sizable sum of money to do it.

Now back to my keyboard.
Old 02-21-2016, 03:21 PM

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

NorCal has been getting plenty of rain this winter. Glad I picked these up. When it's dry and warm, it's what you expected; no where near the grip like the RE-11's.

As soon as the rain stops, I'll probably get some higher perf tired.
Old 02-22-2016, 08:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have a set of these and the traction is definitely limited compared to pretty much ever other tire I've had on the S2000. The car understeers easily at lower speeds than expected, but at least it's fairly predictable.
Old 03-05-2016, 07:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just bought a set of these for the back - will post my thoughts after I get used to them.
Old 03-06-2016, 06:40 PM

First thought - they look like fargin' moster truck tires with the way the tread pattern wraps around the edge of the tire. Not a proper look, IMHO, for our sleek automobiles. Will most likely be looking for another option once I wear these out.
Old 03-10-2016, 06:26 PM

Second thought - these are really sticky tires. Don't know how quick I'll go through them but I'm having fun. Rear end feels solid no matter what I do.
Old 09-24-2016, 10:17 AM

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

There's a track event coming up in November in CA, and looking to buy another set of tires. Considering a set of Hankook Ventus R-S3 (Version 2), I'd consider the UHPS version of this tire, and from Tire Rack's review, the Firestone's Firehawk.

I'm planning to do a few track (HPDE) events this fall/winter, depending if we have a dry winter here in CA, and don't want to chew up the A/S tires.

Ricky, just verifying your comment regarding Skip Barber cars that they used the All Season tire version of the G-FORCE SPORT COMP-2 or the Ultra High Perf Summer?
Old 09-24-2016, 11:32 AM

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

^ Ricky is not known for his reading comprehension. There is a huge difference between the BFG Comp 2 and BFG comp 2 a/s.

Ricky is also known for his face being 0% serious.

Quick Reply: BFGoodrich g-Force COMP-2 A/S