Wheels and Tires Discussion about wheels and tires for the S2000.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Falken FK510 & General G-Max RS?

Old 09-24-2018, 12:37 PM

Received 420 Likes on 319 Posts

Originally Posted by rrounds
Did they?
The Firestone were better in Cornering Stability, Steering Response, Braking Modulation, Handling Predictability and Overall Track Rating on a dry test track.
Then on "REAL WORLD ROAD RIDE RATINGS" the Firestones had a better Handling number, not the best number for Ride Comfort and Noise Comfort, well I don't buy tires for my S for comfort and I sure can't hear my Firestons when just driving down the road. Now in the wet the Firestones don't have the best numbers but they're not the worst either. I don't push my S when its wet, I've seen way to many that have and paid the price(with a car that is totaled). When its raining or wet I just go into sightseeing mode.
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests...y.jsp?ttid=235

Like I said in a previous post, if you want to try one of those tires out go get a set and let us know how you like them after a few thousand miles. We can never have enough good choices for tires, the more tires that work good on the S the better it is for all of us. More tire choices also gives us a chance to save money because of rebates or get a better price on the tires you want by pitting one tire co. against another, even if they don't come all the way down most will come down on price to make a sale.

ROD
I'm looking for a regular usage/bad weather tire. I have multiple sets of wheels for my AP1. When I feel like zooming, I have a set of RT615K+ on more conservatively sized wheels, when I'm just driving the ability to swap to a quiet, wet weather friendly tire like the FK510 sounds lovely.