Wheels and Tires Discussion about wheels and tires for the S2000.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Track Fitment

Old 12-09-2018, 02:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Track Fitment

Hi guys!

Thought I’d start a thread as I’m currently torn between a couple of wheel setups, I know there are a TONS of threads out there but its always good to look at some fresh meaty fitments!

I’m on the cusp of picking up some wheels, intending on running them as flush as I can with slightly rolled fronts and ASM rear arches (fully cut).
She’s lowered on some fully adjustable coilovers, but i’m not running excessively low ride height as the roads around me are bumps as hell!

I want the car to be as functional as possible, with a fast road set up (-2 front), (-2.5 rear) camber.

Wheels specs I’m looking at are either 17x8.5 ET35 front and 17x9.5 ET22 rear, or 17x8 ET48 front with 17x9 ET35 rear.
Tyre will be 225 or 235 front and 255 rear.

I do love the concave look so a lower offset would be preferable, but does anyone have much info on the most aggressive front setup you can get away with without pulling the front fenders? I don’t mind a little poke, I think it actually looks pretty mean on the S!

Any pics would be appreciated, we all love an aggressive S!!!
Old 12-10-2018, 08:48 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

With those widths and offsets you are going to have to do some fender modifications. Those are really aggressive..
Old 12-10-2018, 02:49 PM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

Originally Posted by OlliS2K
Hi guys!

Thought I’d start a thread as I’m currently torn between a couple of wheel setups, I know there are a TONS of threads out there but its always good to look at some fresh meaty fitments!

I’m on the cusp of picking up some wheels, intending on running them as flush as I can with slightly rolled fronts and ASM rear arches (fully cut).
She’s lowered on some fully adjustable coilovers, but i’m not running excessively low ride height as the roads around me are bumps as hell!

I want the car to be as functional as possible, with a fast road set up (-2 front), (-2.5 rear) camber.

Wheels specs I’m looking at are either 17x8.5 ET35 front and 17x9.5 ET22 rear, or 17x8 ET48 front with 17x9 ET35 rear.
Tyre will be 225 or 235 front and 255 rear.

I do love the concave look so a lower offset would be preferable, but does anyone have much info on the most aggressive front setup you can get away with without pulling the front fenders? I don’t mind a little poke, I think it actually looks pretty mean on the S!

Any pics would be appreciated, we all love an aggressive S!!!
Originally Posted by Jim@tirerack
With those widths and offsets you are going to have to do some fender modifications. Those are really aggressive..
He is thinking of doing some pretty major mods. Only thing I disagree with if you need more than a slight roll. Fronts need to be rolled flat. Your 2nd option 17x8 ET48 front with 17x9 ET35 rear doesn't require the ASM over fenders just rolled flat and camber. The first option does but not really sure why you'd go with that when you can fit a 9.5 inch wide wheel without the over fenders unless the wheels you want only come in that specific spec (this is the situation I was in).