The Windy City - Off Topic A place to relax and unwind. Off topic section of the UMW.

NBA rumor mill...omg

Old 05-14-2010, 07:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NBA rumor mill...omg

Got this off MWIR.net

(Today, 10:33 AM) “Within minutes of the Cleveland Cavaliers’ elimination at the hands of the Celtics, the speculation about LeBron James’ next destination resumed in full force. In the space of five minutes I heard from three NBA GMs via text, e-mail and phone. All three said that based on the information they have, they believe LeBron will leave the Cavs. More surprisingly, all of them said they believe the destination will be the Chicago Bulls. Two said they believe that John Calipari will be the Bulls’ new head coach.” Ford then received the following information from one GM over the phone: “I think the Bulls are really going to go for it. Look for them to offer the Cavs Luol Deng in a sign-and-trade for LeBron. That will allow them to retain most of their cap space. Then they’ll go after Dwyane Wade or Chris Bosh as well.”

Holy crap even though this is only a rumor...it's an awesome rumor.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:35 AM

I would pee.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:38 AM
Former Moderator

Received 139 Likes on 115 Posts

Eff Lebron...

Old 05-14-2010, 10:42 AM

if we get him, i'd totally go to another bulls game again.

on the other hand, my friend partied with lebron once and said he had no clue waht to say to him so he was like "i think i've seen yo ass somewhere on tv before". lebron smiles and goes "you probably did". lol

anyway, cheers to celtics ftw. ray allen
Old 05-14-2010, 10:44 AM
Former Moderator

Received 139 Likes on 115 Posts

Lebron is an amazing player.. but he will never be Jordan... the comparisons will always be there, but he won't ever come close.

oh, and btw.. if you have to make the final shot... let Rose take it, not James.. guy never could finish a game... maybe one game versus Orlando last year, but that's about it...

anyway, he brought a primarily football city out of their seats for 7 years.. it will suck to see him go, but ownership couldn't do anything more for him... so I don't blame him for leaving.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:48 AM

Received 68 Likes on 47 Posts

Rumors are going strong for D-Wade as well.

Lebron or Wade...either one or both.

Getting LJ would most definitely be satisfying, at the very least, it'd pull him out of the armpit of the city that he's playing for now.

...and it'd irk Motoo just so (kind of like how Fudgepacker fans hate on Favre leaving to go play for the Vikings).
Old 05-14-2010, 10:50 AM

i think kobe is a better comparison to MJ than Lebron and even Kobe isn't anywhere near MJ either.

MJ > kobe > lebron
Old 05-14-2010, 10:50 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mocky,May 14 2010, 10:44 AM
Lebron is an amazing player.. but he will never be Jordan...
Frankly, I'm surprised he hasn't won a championship by now. Certainly, without a ring, your argument is strong. If he starts accumulating a few championships though, especially with another team, that argument might crumble. We'll see...

Old 05-14-2010, 10:53 AM

^^^ disagree

NO ONE will ever be jordan.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:57 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I will agree that no one will ever be Jordan if you're comparing the disparity between Jordan and the rest of the players in the league at the time and previously. But, talent, training and skill are always improving -- so someday someone's gonna be regarded as "better than Jordan". It has to happen.

Detroit writer, Jamie Samuelsen:
But here’s what I have a problem with in the wake of Thursday’s loss to the Celtics. So many writers and commentators are acting like the book is closed on LeBron James. Maybe the book is closed in Cleveland. But we’re talking about a man who is 25 years old and is just now entering his prime. Michael Jordan was 28 when he won the first of his six rings. True, LeBron just finished his seventh season, while Jordan won a title after his seventh season. So the age stat is a little misleading. But I think it’s safe to say that James still has eight or nine years left as the best or among the best players in basketball. The book on LeBron James is still to be written.

Quick Reply: NBA rumor mill...omg