UK & Ireland Meets & Events - Past Archive of old meets in the past

Keevil Airfield Track Day - Monday 10th June *

Old 05-06-2013, 01:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Keevil Airfield Track Day - Monday 10th June *

Motorsport Events are doing a Track Day at Keevil on Monday 10th June and as I have that week off from work I'm thinking about doing it!

I've driven there before, in fact I did my first ever day there in my Mi16 powered 205Gti back in 2005 and I really enjoyed it. I've done Llandow and Pembrey since in the 205 and in a Sylva Mojo SE kit car that I built, but I've not tracked my S2000 yet and this day is tempting me!

The day's only £99.99 and Motorsport Events run good days without many cars so you get loads of track time with an open pit lane.

The only concern I have is that apart from once I've always trailered my cars to Track Days, but this time it won't be an option. I'll have to drive the S there and back which also means I can't take much stuff with me like different wheels, oils etc especially as two helmets will nearly fill the boot.

So can I tempt any any of you other S2000 owners to come along or are you considering it already?

(Edit by Minvo: On S2KUK Calendar || On S2KUK Schedule)
Old 05-14-2013, 03:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd be keen for this/ How do we book up?

Brum
Old 05-14-2013, 03:54 AM
UK Moderator

Received 300 Likes on 258 Posts

Google Motorsport Events...
Old 05-14-2013, 10:24 AM

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts

I've done Keevil before and it's good fun. Power oversteer onto the main straight as you crest the crown of the runway, then trail braking into the hairpin is all good. :-)

Reasonably flowy track for an airfield too.

If I manage to get my rear brakes refurbished before then, I might join you.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:48 AM

I'm booked in for this now!

We've decided to have a few days in the area so are traveling down on The Sunday, doing the track day on the Monday and coming back a few days later. How we're going to fit everything in the boot I'll never know...

It will be good to see some other S2000's if any of you can make it?
Old 05-23-2013, 01:04 PM

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts

Currently half way through a brake refurb and it's off to the body shop for a tidy up a wk on Monday, so unlikely, but I'll try!
Old 05-26-2013, 09:41 AM

I've stripped the pads out of all of my calipers today. I gave everything a good clean up, made sure everything moves freely and changed the brake fluid ready for the 10th! I replaced the serpentine belt too as I don't want that flying off.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:34 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

So, how was it? No photos?
Old 06-14-2013, 02:25 AM

It went ok.

As we were away on holiday when we did the day I was holding back during the morning to try and keep the car in one piece! The brake pedal went all soft and spongy almost straight away though. It didn't really get any worse so in the afternoon I pushed a bit harder.

I was one of the slowest cars on track though, my brakes didn't give me much confidence and I wish I'd left my 17" alloys on instead of swapping to my 16" wheels before we left home.

Since I did my last day with Motorsport Events I think the driving standards have dropped, some cars behind would start to overtake coming out of corners and ones I wanted to overtake hardly ever indicated for me to pass them. I'm sure they're booking more cars in too as it seemed a lot busier than I remember.

They're aren't any photos as sadly there wasn't a photographer there, but I did take a few in car videos!

They're not very good really, but I have uploaded one to Youtube that shows the speedo because a friend of mine wanted to know how fast I got up to on the straights as he's thinking of doing a day in his Striker, but doesn't want to go anywhere where you do more than 100mph. The video starts a few seconds into the first lap as I couldn't get to start it filming in time for the start!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSklcSAZ1Q0[/media]

New brakes are on order and I might have to sort some cooling to the fronts!
Old 06-14-2013, 10:33 AM
G.E

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Keevil can be pretty tough on brakes, its what prompted my cooling solution.

Quick Reply: Keevil Airfield Track Day - Monday 10th June *