Old 05-15-2013, 04:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: MY04 S2K - £2500 - Crash Damaged

DEPOSIT TAKEN - Will close when sold and collected. Thank you

Year: 2004
Exterior colour: Silverstone Silver
Interior colour: Red and Black
Mileage: 94k
Asking price: £2500 (I have already been offered this)
Name: Chris

My beloved S2000 is up for sale, it's the most desirable (in my mind) colour combination and I'd love to see it go to a good home. It has a few nice extras with it but is crash damaged hence the price.

Pictures here - This is what it looked like before:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chr15murray/8741840677/

...and this is what it looks like now:

http://flickr.com/gp/chr15murray/3296YH/

I have been using this car as my daily driver, it has made the 15 mile B road commute a joy every morning and evening and I'm not sure I'll ever own another car that I'll enjoy so much, until my next s2k.

In my opinion, an S2K that only sees the road is an S2000 that is wasted. They are such great cars but you only REALLY realise this when you have the smooth tarmac of the track. I started doing trackdays last year and have never looked back. With track usage I've changed the oil and brake fluid at least every 6000 miles and often sooner using Gulf Competition 5w40 Racing Oil, K&N Gold Spanner Fit Filter and RBF600 Brake fluid.

I've also fitted a K&N FIPK and replaced the expiring Cat with a Berk 63.5 High Flow Version. The crank pulley was falling apart so about a month ago I replaced it with a Fluidampr (As reccomended by Urge Designs: http://www.urgedesigns.com/protect.html ). Knowing that this was seeing track use I decided to also replace the idle pulleys, belt tensioner and serpentine belt as they had started to have a bit too much play for my liking. These were all replaced with Honda OEM parts from Lings Honda. I've also just fitted Ferodo DS3000 pads which have done half a trackday on.

The car was services by Honda in March - I had purchased a Honda Happiness package with two services last year before I started taking it on track. The battery was replaced in the first service last year.

So to the 'half a trackday' comment. This is where it all went wrong:

http://youtu.be/iYBYNPEVAkw

You can hear the K&N FIPK and Berk HFC combo for a lap and then you'll see it all go wrong coming round Williams at Snetterton. Please ignore my missed gear change at the start of the vid

EDIT: You may also hear the marshal say that the rear wheel is buckled. In fact the tire had just popped off the rim as I went from tarmac to grass sideaways. You can see images of the rear wishbones and I can see no sign of stress - The mud/crud is still in place - http://flickr.com/gp/chr15murray/y8k087

The car runs fine and did not drop any fluids. The air pump connector was damaged but when connecting up works fine. With it disconnected the engine warning light comes on with a pressure warning. If I keep it then I will look into the air pump delete kit that is available or replace/make a new connector.

I have been looking at my options and would love to keep the S but I can't afford to get all the work done. I'm getting married in October and have just had to buy a new daily driver so don't have the spare cash to keep and fix the S2000. I have contacted a company who deals with crash damaged cars and been offered £2500 for it but am slightly uncomfortable with the idea of it being repaired and sold on with this bit of history absent potentially.

As you can see from the pictures, i've taken the front end apart to understand the damage. To the best of my knowledge this is the work and components that are needed:

- Chassis Straigtening £1000-£1500. Bent in front of the suspension boss only.
- Both Front wings
- Front Bumper
- Repair or replace rear bumper
- Front Crash bar
- Air pump connector + air pump bracket or alternatively a delete kit
- Radiator hanger will need bending back into place and possible reinforcement
- Headlight casing is cracked so i assume they need replacing. Will also need new brackets.
EDIT:
- The bonnet also needs replacing
- The wheels need reconditioning - I planned to have them as track wheels and so never bothered getting them nice. This car was never about posing for me, always about the joy of driving.

The biggest cost is going to be the chassis straightening. If you have access to a Jig then you have a big head start.

In addition to the car I also have the following which will be included at the £2500 price if wanted.

10L+ Gulf Competition Racing 5w-40 Oil
2 x K&N Spanner Fit Oil Filter (OEM currently fitted)
2 x Hamp Oil filter
Original Cat - considered hollowing it out as as a decat but never got round to it. Guess it would throw a warning with O2 sensors though.
Pioneer MVH8300BT Head Unit - SD card MP3 and Bluetooth Handsfree.
Headrest Speaker Upgrade - I can't not include this, but i wanted to point it out as it's a nice feature especially with the roof down.
Full tool kit is also included

I know this is an odd one. If you have any questions or want to view the car drop me a PM. I live near Ely, Cambridgeshire.

Thanks for reading this far

Chris
Old 05-15-2013, 07:06 PM

Have you not thought about breaking the car? Engine is probably worth 2k by itself!
Old 05-15-2013, 09:47 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DanBes2k
Have you not thought about breaking the car? Engine is probably worth 2k by itself!
If you have the time/space then I'd also say break it

Engine £2000
Gearbox £300
Seats £400
Wheels £500 (assuming there straight)
Roof £400

(I don't know the going rates for parts, my prices are just going by what I've seen on here and eBay)
Old 05-15-2013, 10:15 PM

Parting out is finacially better option for you.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have to agree with the above comments. You wouldn't need to sell many parts to get more than £2500. Engine, gearbox, diff, wishbones, panels, roof, interior trim, wheels etc.

As a member on here you can advertise for free and undercut those people who over charge on eBay. Then once all done, that the shell to the scrap yard for a final payout.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:56 AM

Thanks for the advice guys. I did consider this but it wasn't very popular with the better half. She is finding me quite intolerable since the 'incident' anyway. I'd quite like to make it to the wedding before getting divorced
Old 05-16-2013, 01:05 AM

see if i can get a truck arranged to collect...
Old 05-16-2013, 01:17 AM

Wow, maybe i advertised this too low. Already have a viewing tonight and two very serious offers. Thanks for all the interest!
Old 05-16-2013, 01:44 AM

Gutted for you just watched video i got that horrible sick feeling you would of got,

Sometimes you just want the car gone as quick as possible, Take a few days out mate clear your head. its worth breaking it for parts then you could buy another s2000 with the money you get back will have to add a wee bit but still better than giving it away.

All the best
Old 05-16-2013, 06:39 AM

I'd say break it rather than selling. Promise her that you'll take her away for a holiday once you recover enough money.

If you do part it, I'll take the induction kit!!

Quick Reply: FS: MY04 S2K - £2500 - Crash Damaged