Seller Feedback Please post seller feedback, good or bad, in this forum.

Gears AP1 Replica Front Lip Group Buy! by McFab

Old 09-17-2013, 12:38 PM
IPB

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow I am soo glad I stayed with my current lip as opposed to trying to get one of these.

Feezy, Good on you for being a stand up man and doing what you thought was the right thing!
Old 09-18-2013, 08:33 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Damn Feezy, good man. Don't give up on the car, I assume thats yours in your sig, its beautiful. Sorry you had to go through this.
Old 06-18-2014, 07:00 AM

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

I am cross posting this from the Modifications & Parts thread. This guy is back, trying to scam more people. The full thread can be found here:

Bweare: Gears Lip Replicas

Ladies and Gentlemen,

As you might have been aware, sometime back myself, and several other members on this forum had a run in with in individual who went by the name McFab. He attempted to scam all of us out of a decent amount of money for some of these Gears lips he was selling. I ponies up way to much cash for the authentic one he had, and he sold another 4 of 5 of the replicas. You can find the entire long drawn out thread of the shit he pulled and what we did to deal with him here:

McFab the Gears lip scammer.

Fast forward to today, a fellow member forwarded me the following link:

Ebay Listing for Gears Lips.

As you can see the wording is the same, the pictures are the same, and it's all shipping out of Pittsburgh, PA.

Normally I wouldn't make a post like this, but if I can save some fellow members from dealing with this clown then I think it's worthwhile. Not only are those four lips he's selling the ones that he never delivered to the members who paid for them, they fit like shit. When I tell you they fit like shit I'm saying they don't even fit onto a bumper. How do I know that? It's simple, I have three of those lips laying on my dining room floor. When I went through the hassle of getting his fabrication guy to deal with me directly I figured I would need to get him financially invested in the situation so I purchased a lip from him on top of all the other expenses. He also included two additional lips, because he realized what McFab was up to and that there was no way he was going to be able to do business with his target audience once the dust had settled and wanted someone to test fit the lips and help promote his work. He was already shipping two lips (the original, and one replica), so throwing another two into the box was no big deal. Needless to say once everything arrived I wasn't to please. Not only was the authentic one beat to shit, the replicas were a terrible fit.

If you look at his pictures his replicas are a grey primer with a black'ish backside, the exact same as mine. They all came out of the same mold, and they come nowhere close to fitting. There is also another member on the forum who had the same experience. During the ordeal we managed to get the fabrication guy to send out a lip a few weeks before I got mine. His was the same, it doesn't fit either.

If you are after a Gears lip please do yourself a favor and go somewhere else. Do not give this kid your business, and if you know of anyone else who is interested in one steer them somewhere else.
Old 06-18-2014, 09:09 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Good looking out, Feezy.
Old 06-18-2014, 12:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

His listing has a vag for sale hahaha,
Old 06-18-2014, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Suzuka_BlueS2K
His listing has a vag for sale hahaha,
I saw that too.
Old 06-18-2014, 05:41 PM

Here is his local CL posting that I managed to dig up: http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/pts/4484022230.html
Old 06-19-2014, 08:14 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

holy crap that was a lot to read. feezy you deserve a medal. I wouldn't have paid him anything.