Upper Mid-West S2000 Owners Members from the upper mid-west including Michigan, Illinios, Indiana, and Wisconsin

Official UMW MegaMeet

Old 07-03-2013, 11:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Official UMW MegaMeet

Hey everyone,

Here are the details for the meet, I will be adding more information as I hear back from more people.

Date: August 31st
Time: 10am to 5pm

12304 75th Street, Kenosha, Wisconsin 53142

Facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/145577875637406/
You can post on here or there if you will be going, I prefer you post on FB as it will be easier to keep count of the attendees.

Everyone is welcome to attend this meet, not just S2K owners, but please keep in mind that this is the main focus of this meet.

The Brat Stop will be out there grilling and selling food for everyone.

There will be a free raffle for S2K owners only, sorry. Each owner will be given a ticket upon entry.
As we get more sponsors I will update the prize list.

Sponsors:
Berk Technology: Shirts, 2-Test Pipes, 2-HFC's

I will work on getting something for everyone to take home with as a souvenir for attending.
There will be no contests for prizes since I feel many of these tend to be popularity contests, I will however will consider doing something special for the one with most miles on odometer and furthest traveled to the meet. Just stay tuned for more.

As the meet grows and gets closer to the date, we can add either a dinner or a cruise up to Lake Geneva, depending on interest.

Also the following day (Sunday) Garrison has put together a cruise to Starved Rock.
Details as per Garrison: The plan is to meet at the Century Carpet and Tile parking lot right off I-55 and route 53 around 8 am Sunday. There's a gas station (Shell) and Starbucks nearby to cover various needs. I'll start explaining the route and general cruise guidelines around quarter till 9, with the plan to leave promptly at 9 am. This should put us at the park around 11 am, hopefully beating a good portion of traffic.

For those that are traveling from afar please let me know if you need any help with lodging. I would be more than happy to offer my place to those I can, it's possible that other locals would be willing to do the same.
I can also contact some of the hotels and get a discounted rate. Please let me know ahead of time so I can plan accordingly

If there is anything you would like to see or have any other ideas, feel free to let me know and I will see what I can do.

I hope to see as many of you there as possible.

Thanks for bearing with me as I try to get this all together.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:33 PM

I think it sounds great. Nice location, great drive in the country. I'll be there
Old 07-03-2013, 11:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This really does sound like it's going to be a pretty cool weekend. I'm looking forward to it!
Old 07-04-2013, 03:28 PM

Wanna do like goodie bags? I can have stickers made for this specific event and maybe we should do shirts? Just a thought.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:42 PM

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

In and cant wait
Old 07-05-2013, 05:58 AM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

In
Old 07-05-2013, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by roflitzjinno
Wanna do like goodie bags? I can have stickers made for this specific event and maybe we should do shirts? Just a thought.
Sounds great man, contact me so we can discuss. Des is working on getting some UMW shirts so I'll update with details as soon as I can.

Thanks everyone for showing such great support. I honestly wouldn't have been motivated to do this if I didn't think we had such a great community, you guys are what's going to make this event awesome. I have been getting some great help in putting this together. Keep the ideas coming.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by roflitzjinno
That would be a cool idea! I'd suggest that the organizer post this on FB and see how many would support this. I for one would support having stickers or even t-shirt for this event.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:09 AM

in and cant wait! looks like a 3 hour drive for me but will be totally worth it!
Old 07-08-2013, 10:51 AM

Lets get some name tags

Quick Reply: Official UMW MegaMeet