New York - Metro New York S2000 Owners Owners in New York City, Long Island, New Jersey, Connecticut

**Stolen S2000 CR**

Old 07-22-2013, 04:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default **Stolen S2000 CR**

Hey guys, I'm not active in the ny area because I'm originally from the DMV, but could you please take pity on a fellow s2000 owner? My car was stolen last night from Horace Harding and 161st in Fresh Meadows. I have reported it already and hopefully they can find it before it is stripped. It's a white with black hardtop 2008 CR. It has gold Volk CE28ns on it. Plates read HAI OFCR. Please report it if you see it!! Thank you :c

UPDATE: CAR HAD BEEN FOUND! Facebook sharing and posts helped get the word to a friend of a friend who contacted me about a sighting. Car has been recovered with ALL parts!! Thank you guys!
Old 07-22-2013, 05:21 AM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Damn that sucks! Best of luck to you!!
Old 07-22-2013, 06:10 AM

Damn, that sucks, I'll keep my eyes open for CR parts for sale in the NY & NJ area.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will be on the lookout, but chances are there was a theft order for the car and you've been being tracked for weeks. This stuff wont appear on Craigslist, or any part-out threads. It really sucks man, cant have anything nice anymore :/
Old 07-22-2013, 06:24 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

another one in Queens area..
i hope you have insurance(theft) and get your money back..
Old 07-22-2013, 06:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How are these cars stolen if the factory immobilzer is armed?? Towed away??
Old 07-22-2013, 06:44 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Remember, as with past instances, if anyone turns up any info be careful about what you post here until the authorities are involved. I've looked at this topic twice today and noticed some unfamiliar screen names and a number of guests viewing. It doesn't look good for the OP but at least we can give the guy the best chance.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by gofast182
Remember, as with past instances, if anyone turns up any info be careful about what you post here until the authorities are involved. I've looked at this topic twice today and noticed some unfamiliar screen names and a number of guests viewing. It doesn't look good for the OP but at least we can give the guy the best chance.
Very true ...

This is why I have always said to be cautious to posting plates with pictures and in the areas they are in. There are TONS of people who view this forum. Many screen names of guys who never appear to meets of even post are always on here. That is not to say that they are thieves but you never know.

Anyway .. guys any car can be taken. Immobilizer or not. It is important to take every anti theft measure possible. Being around the Horrace Harding could have made it easier for the guys to get away. When I lived in Queens and my S was not in the garage my steering wheel was always off if I didn't have my eyes on it. Everyone should invest in a remote alarm pager as well. Not so much so that you confront the thief but so that you will be alerted to call authorities asap. I can't tell you how many times my alarm would page me and I would see a Civic or a Integra drive off after I would notice them down the block from my car.

To OP. Hope this all works out for you and keep an eye out on all possible for sale threads now and in the future.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:54 AM

Received 211 Likes on 173 Posts

This sucks. I hope things work out for you.

Old 07-22-2013, 12:28 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

immobilizers are a joke. i saw what they did to grunt's ecu. a pro can steal this car in 1-2 minutes. im sure if cops find your car and see the license plates, they will be thrilled.

anyway, good luck finding it. i hope you're insured and everything works out in the end for you.

Quick Reply: **Stolen S2000 CR**