Cars for Sale Cars, new and used for sale.
Mark this thread as Sold

2002 2.4L Spa Yellow(510whp/397tq@15psi/93octane) in PA for sale

Old 07-23-2013, 06:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 2.4L Spa Yellow(510whp/397tq@15psi/93octane) in PA for sale

Hey, everybody!

Name: Chris Young
Description: 2002 Spa Yellow S2000 with InlinePro F24c longblock assembled by Jeremy Allen of Allenbuilt/InlinePro and InlinePro turbo kit. Completed in 2009, running 510whp/397tq @15psi on 93 octane
Price: currently on ebay with the auction ending today: BIN price is $17,400..........would accept $17,000 cash as reserve price

It is currently on eBay, but I cannot post a link to the auction here. Would accept $17,000 reserve price in cash here on the forum to end the auction early.

""Incredibly clean(no rust, no major dents/dings/scratches) low mileage(56Kmiles) and always garaged. Top has a slight tear on the passenger side--about .5"-1" in length. Front bumper has some rock chipping which is to be expected of a 12 year old car and a few scratches from when my father pulled it into the garage and scraped the wall pulling in. Only thing on the car that does not work is the passenger front parking light(the signal still works, just the parking light that doesn't. Probably just needs a bulb I haven't looked into it at all). Also, vehicle is missing front Honda "H" emblem, as it came off on the highway. Pictures are all taken with a Nikon D-40X which should show these issues in great detail""

The S2000 for sale on this eBay ad has the following performance modifications, all built and installed by ASE-certified Platinum level Honda Technicians.
Engine:
Torn down at 44K miles and completely rebuilt by Jeremy Allen of InLinePro(http://www.inlinepro.com/s1/) and (http://www.allenbuilt.blogspot.com/)
F24C stroker kit installed (http://www.inlinepro.com/s1/p-257-s2...roker-kit.aspx) with 10:1 compression CP pistons
stock head/stock cams/stock intake manifold
Every seal/gasket in the engine was replaced during rebuild
Car does not leak a drop of oil, which is not normally the case with turbocharged Hondas
Car dyno'd 510whp and 397TQ at the wheels at 15psi(very conservative boost level for this build--has never seen more than 15psi) on 93 octane ( http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...CDynoGraph.jpg <---may have to copy link into URL) and 440whp and 280TQ on 10psi
Car was professionally tuned by the best Honda tuner in the US(and likely the world) Jeff Evans (http://www.evans-tuning.com/) and has been running his tunes since 2008 with no issues....idles better than stock and gets better gas mileage than stock when not in boost--if you have enough self-control to keep it out of boost.

Turbokit (http://www.inlinepro.com/s1/p-15-sta...turbo-kit.aspx)
Started out as an off the shelf stage1 kit(kept and use the cast manifold for durability purposes--stronger and lasts much longer than regular tubular manifolds--makes dyno numbers even more impressive considering those numbers normally come from stage2 kits running more boost than this car is)
InlinePRO T3/T4 Cast Iron turbo manifold
Borg warner or Garrett Turbo ( size will vary )
AEM EMS version 2
InlinePRO 675cc or 900cc injectors
InlinePRO injector clips
InlinePRO 2.5" charge pipes
InlinePRO Blowoff Valve
InlinePRO 3" downpipe
InlinePRO Couplers and clamps
InlinePRO 600 hp intercooler
Tial MVS Wastegate
Walboro 255 fuel pump
InlinePRO Oil Feed kit
InlinePRO Oil Return kit

However, I opted for the more expensive options including:
-Precision Turbo .63 A/R Dual ball-bearing oil-cooled turbo
-Hondata ECU
-Injector Dynamics 1000CC fuel injectors
-Competition Clutches Stage 5 full-face clutch(makes daily driving a breeze and will hold all the power this car is capable of making)

Some other things that make this car unique and even more driver/user-friendly include
-AEM TruBoost Gauge-type Controller----this boost gauge is also able to hold two boost level tunes, currently running a 10psi boost tune and a 15psi boost tune; switchable on the fly
-Hondata ECU--This car will pass emissions and inspections in any state with no issues whatsoever. Installed race catalyst in exhaust so that it will also pass visual inspections. I have had this car inspected at VERY respectable(Rahal Honda, etc.) Honda dealers with this set up as-is and have never been turned away or denied. Never have to worry about failing emissions with this vehicle.
-Custom made Air/oil separator installed and hidden behind front bumper to evacuate oil vapors in valve cover(no dipstick blowing out or seals in engine being destroyed by pressurized crankcase gases)
-Custom made heatshields for battery/fusebox[which was relocated parallel to fender], intercooler pipes and air filter, all wrapped in 100% real/authentic Gold-Leaf heatwrap. Gold is the most reflective and least heat absorbing metal on the planet and this really helps keep underhood temperatures and air intake temperatures down to reasonable levels. You can find out more about it here: http://www.hrpworld.com/index.cfm?tp...action=product <---also applied to rear bumper to help reduce warping/discolouration from exhaust gases
-Innovative Mounts 75A(black) engine and trans mounts
-Braille 9-lb carbon-fiber racing battery
-Koyo Radiator with OEM fans/fan shrouds
-New alternator
-New starter
-Lightweight 18x8 and 18x9 SSR GT-7 wheels----not replicas, real-deal SSRs
-Hood is shimmed in the back(near the wind shield) to help dissipate heat from the engine bay
-Seibon black Carbon Fiber Mugen-Style vented hood is available at the buy it now price. Looks like this: http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/w...000mghood5.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^^^please note that this is not my car, but an image to reflect the CF hood available

Beyond that, the entire rest of the vehicle is 100% stock and serviceable by any Honda dealer or technician in the world. Part of the reason why I built this car this way was because the car came from Honda almost as good as it could get. It simply needed more power and a reliable way of delivering that power.

You will not be disappointed by this car in the slightest. It starts and runs perfectly every time you get in it(just drove it 5 hours through traffic to the beach this past weekend in the extreme heat and with the A/C on full blast it never missed a beat). There are no underlying issues. THIS IS NOT A PROJECT CAR! This is a fully-built, ready to drive everyday vehicle that will not be coming with any surprises or issues. The reason I'm selling is because I'm moving to Colorado and will not be able to drive it 6+ months out of the year and I would rather someone who can give it the attention it deserves a chance to have fun with her. I will miss her. I may call you once a month to ask how she is or to see a pic of her. I may ask that you send me videos of her so I can hear her roar for old-times sake. She will make you happier than you could ever imagine.

If you're looking for a completely stock S2000, I ask you this, why would you spend the same money on a 100% stock and slow S2000 as you can on this and have better drivability, more performance and a better platform to start with. This would be the perfect start to a time attack or drift machine. I chose not to go those routes because I was too busy driving it and enjoying it everyday as-is.

***edit*** I have noticed looking through the vehicle history report that there are 2 incidents reported very early on in the ownership of the vehicle while it was parked. This is news to me, as Carfax was not around back in 2006 when we bought it. However, I can assure you that this car is as straight as an arrow and I will be putting the vehicle up in the air to get some pictures of it from underneath and more pictures of the exterior/interior/etc. This will take a day or so, but I will update this before the end of the auction.

I would be happy to take more pictures or even shoot some video of her in action if you desire to see it running. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask.

Drove 100 miles one way to my good friend @ http://oakesdetail.com/ in the heat the past two days to get some new undercarriage/exterior pics as of 7-18-2013:
-----------------------------------------------------> http://i1344.photobucket.com/albums/...psa066a531.jpg (copy/paste to new window)
-----------------------------------------------> more pics here-------> http://s1344.photobucket.com/user/sc...tml?sort=3&o=0
--------------------------------------------------------------------- ^ ^ on this link, you can view more pictures if you page to the right ^ ^
Here is some vids, Sorry for their quality, crappy old camera is crappy and would only record for a minute at a time for some reason. anyway, enjoy!
I've answered several good questions so far so if you have any, please don't hesitate to ask!

<--decent interior vid
<--decent exterior vid, watch to the end

^^^CHECK OUT MORE PICS/VIDS @ the links here ^ ^ ^

This car is 100% working order and runs flawlessly. You are not looking at some rickety POS or a project car. This car is turn-key and go ready. Would not hesitate to drive it anywhere on the East Coast(with 93 octane available) and will even help deliver the vehicle anywhere on the East Coast, if necessary. Priced to sell. Need this gone before I move to Colorado where 93 octane is not available.

feel free to call or text me: 717-413-0361

-Chris
Old 07-24-2013, 06:17 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong - more that doubled stock HP on stock s2k brakes?
Old 07-30-2013, 05:36 PM

You are correct. I know this because I bought the car
Old 07-30-2013, 05:55 PM

Congratulations! Very handsome car. Just be careful with braking
Old 07-30-2013, 07:42 PM

any differential upgrades?
Old 07-30-2013, 09:03 PM

Thanks! Yeah, I'm sure a big brake kit is in ny future, but considering I'm lucky to get a single gear pull under boost, it's not an immediate concern. I sold my S60R because my average speed over 18mos was 17mph. So, I basically bought this on the off chance that I move, and for the occasional fun drive.
Diff is stock. Basically everything that doesn't make power is stock. So, no launches or hard 1-2s for me (honestly I'm a bit old for launches on public roads anyway, if I ever track it it will get the necessary upgrades first).