UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Brake & Exhaust Upgrade

Old 12-03-2013, 06:19 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've replaced two calipers with refurbs and I'm replacing a third tomorrow. I bought the first from a recommended seller (good experience) and the second from an ebay company who were disorganised regarding the exchange of the old caliper. The refurbed caliper sitting in my garage was supplied by Brakes International and I'm expecting a simple exchange of the old caliper lext week (hopefully!).

I bought a caliper wind back kit from Amazon for £25 (with every adapter under the sun) which I'll also test out tomorrow.
Old 12-03-2013, 02:07 PM

Received 116 Likes on 81 Posts

Ebay company, wouldn't happen to be those robbing bastards at J&R would it?
Old 12-08-2013, 01:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Although a little delayed I've finally had the time (and daylight) to wash and photograph the results....

Old 12-08-2013, 03:44 PM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Looks good!

What spacer did you use and how much clearance have you got? Will be good info for others.

Had a chance to test them?

Some lowering needed next
Old 12-10-2013, 01:16 PM

Cheers,

I went for H&R Spacers, Fronts are 15mm each side and back is 20mm each side. Just checked and from the tred pattern outer edge (point of arch protruding) up to the lip of the plastic liner is 50mm. Plenty of room so far having tackled various speed bumps/humps and general poor roads with a passenger and no signs or sounds of rubbing.
'
I've not had a chance to really push it so far as I've been taking it easy whilst bedding in the breaks & calipers and waiting for the 'check your nuts after 100 miles' to pass, which it now has

Not sure if it was a placebo effect but driving around in the dry certainly felt more solid than before, and in the wet it seems a lot more tail happy - although a lot more smoother to control (maybe that's just from practice though?)

Lowering will be on the cards at some point, I'm certainly liking the stanced Rota Grid look, I'll see if the winter is unkind to me and thus rewarding in the spring Priority ATM though would be the CAT as the downshift/lift off rattle is a tad annoying now, may have to go for a temporary fix prior to installing Invidia's N1 catback system!
Old 12-10-2013, 10:27 PM
Banned

Looks great. Enjoy.
Old 02-20-2014, 01:48 AM

I've got the MOT coming up in a few months and I'm anticipating a failed emissions test due to the CAT, although the MPG is still rather good!

I was looking to source Invidia's N1 catback system from Vivid Racing as the pricing seemed good, but I have since seen they are a banned member on S2KI. I'm not wanting to turn this into a bashing thread just after a quick answer if I should use them or avoid?
Old 02-20-2014, 08:11 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Anfrax666
I've got the MOT coming up in a few months and I'm anticipating a failed emissions test due to the CAT, although the MPG is still rather good!

I was looking to source Invidia's N1 catback system from Vivid Racing as the pricing seemed good, but I have since seen they are a banned member on S2KI. I'm not wanting to turn this into a bashing thread just after a quick answer if I should use them or avoid?
Price for one from invidia is £384 odd.. Then take it to checkout, and select shipping to the UK. Fedex shipping costs $600 dollars, plus whatever you get stung for on import tax etc..
Old 02-20-2014, 09:35 AM

Yikes!!!! that shipping price has rocketed since I last ran the check before Christmas! May look to source elsewhere then :s I did see sub £600 with all shipping and fees somewhere so I shall have a read and see what pops up.
Old 02-20-2014, 09:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/GB/Inv...00HS1GST_.aspx

And 'Tarmac Sportz' is a trader on here.

Quick Reply: Brake & Exhaust Upgrade