S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

baZurk's boost build

Old 12-20-2013, 05:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default baZurk's boost build

Hi everyone. Things are starting to come together now for my build. I wanted to make a thread to share it with you guys.

I will get straight to the pics...

The car...

Trackforged made me a top mount kit earlier this year. It is a top mount v-band manifold with a Precision 5858 CEA .82 A/R.

Hotside assembled...

Mounted at the shop (different turbo)

The rest of the kit here...

The CF hood is there for the hot summer days. I don't really like the look of it but I think it is necessary for hot weather even with the amount of heat shielding I plan to do.

Evac pipe from Trackforged. I have the HKS dual exhaust which is pretty restrictive. I hope this helps to solve that issue. If not I will be moving to a single exhaust.

Today I received my 1200cc injectors from FID!!

I made room for the turbo and manifold. I have another heatshield made to fit the new layout. If this configuration proves to be a problem then I will begin relocating things but this solution took me no time at all. Heater and a/c lines are relocated as well.

Flush mounted AFR gauge...

The clutch setup will be the ACT HD PP and OEM disk which was supposed to come in today -__-

I also have an AP1 flywheel that will be resurfaced and a braided clutch line from SOS.

SOS has also provided the wastegate solenoid, aem 320, map sensor,and NKG Iridium no.8 spark plugs.

Next, coming from a friend will be a custom catch can with an ports on the front of the valve cover, custom vacuum block, and he will also weld my oil return bung to a timing chain cover.

Everything will be coming together soon and I will be tuning some time in January. The plans are to keep the boost low for now, I will be upgrading my valvetrain on a spare cylinder head that I have and will be returning to up the boost.

Thanks for looking! I will be updating as I go.
Old 12-20-2013, 05:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good start bro! I think the tracking said the intake will arrive on Monday or Tuesday.. I forget.
Old 12-20-2013, 05:32 PM

Nice! What are your power goals and are you planning to tune e85 or pump?
Old 12-20-2013, 05:33 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Finally Matt! lol Nice fuse box mount
Old 12-20-2013, 05:35 PM

Received 72 Likes on 63 Posts

Looks great. I never knew they made that type of manifold. Must be a new design of theirs. How much power are u going for?
Old 12-20-2013, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by wy2slow_z
good start bro! I think the tracking said the intake will arrive on Monday or Tuesday.. I forget.
Cool! Thanks again man!

Originally Posted by gnehc1
Nice! What are your power goals and are you planning to tune e85 or pump?
93 pump for now. I will shoot for anything around 400whp on this first tune.

Originally Posted by herecomesboost
Finally Matt! lol Nice fuse box mount
Zip ties. For when you just want to do it right later

Originally Posted by riceball777
Looks great. I never knew they made that type of manifold. Must be a new design of theirs. How much power are u going for?
This is a new design that they are offering. This kit is the first top mount one that they have released
Old 12-20-2013, 06:38 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Track forged are making some nice stuff lately...kit looks good.
Old 12-20-2013, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by s2000442
Track forged are making some nice stuff lately...kit looks good.
Yes they did a great job. My only complaint right now is that the wastegate did not get priority placement due to space limitations. I am interested to see how effective it is at bleeding exhaust pressure and maintaining boost with the solenoid.
Old 12-20-2013, 06:43 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice collection of parts! Good to see you finally rolling on all this stuff. Be weary of the PnP harnesses for your FID 1200's. They are great injectors, but my PnP harnesses (that looked exactly like yours) were no good. They gave me misfire issues after about two weeks. I would recommend that you go ahead and hard wire the injectors in. Otherwise be mindful that if problems start popping up to suspect those first.
Old 12-20-2013, 06:44 PM

Noted about the clips. I wanted to give them a try first before modifyng my harness.

Quick Reply: baZurk's boost build