California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

The EOM is dead. Long live the EOQ!

Old 03-22-2014, 11:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

blahhh i cant sleep
Old 03-23-2014, 06:00 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras
I am giving everyone a heads up. I made a double batch of chewy goodness, brownies. I made a single batch of chewy, walnutie brownies. The number will dwindle if I go crazy tonight or in the morning but as of now there are 13 walnut brownies and 23 nutless brownies. I will be giving them out at the meeting spot so don't be shy and come say Hi. I ain't bragging but they are sought after at the NSX meets.
Best brownies in the world and one of the nicest ladies out there- miss you Patty
Old 03-23-2014, 01:39 PM

Received 3,095 Likes on 1,708 Posts

^ That's so sweet of you, Phil. I had a lot of fun but I left at the lunch stop. Need to do some things at home. I loved our old Valencia meets in 2006.
Old 03-23-2014, 05:38 PM

Received 192 Likes on 101 Posts

Okay.... where do I begin?

First of all, THANK YOU to everyone!!! I'm so incredibly amazed and pleased to announce that we had only ONE no-show and it was for mechanical reasons that he was unable to make it. Something he was installing just went terribly wrong and he spent most of the night working on but to no avail. So no public floggings will occur. Everyone so respected my request to not be a maybe or a no-show and I can't tell you how much I appreciate that!!! (You can tell by how many exclamation marks I just used. I rarely ever use more than one.)

Second, thank you to everyone again for being such good and careful drivers out there. We had only one minor issue on the road where one of our guys kissed a guardrail. A glancing sideswipe. Latigo Canyon BITES again. That is where all of our problems seem to happen ('cept for one which shall never be discussed).

Third, thank you again to everyone for sticking this thing out and riding it the WHOLE day. Of the 36 cars who started this drive (yes, we did end up with one more than the sign up because I goofed and forgot to put someone on the list that was confirmed!), I think it was Alan that told me we still had 28 cars at the end of the drive. That's pretty darn good! Thanks for sticking with us even though it ran significantly longer than usual.

Bummer that we lost one car due to attrition (mechanical failure). But we kept in touch during the day and he was able to get his car safely back to OC. Thank you Chris Sharma for being there yet again when your technical advice and expertise was needed.

Thank you to Patty for the freaking amazing brownies. Not a single one was left when we cleared out of the lunch stop. You rock. And thank you for helping with the route sheets and sign-up roll call sheet check-in thing. You are a God-send.

Bummer that half of us couldn't drive *up* the snake because of the crash (not one of ours) between what I later learned was apparently a bicycle and a car. I have no details at this time, but I'm sure more info will turn up on RockStore Photos or something. If I am able to get more info I'll post it. BUT a big thank you to groups 1 and 2 for letting the rest of us know about it soon enough for us to be able to bypass that one section and still pick up the rest of the drive.

And dammit but I missed Leno! He was there at the Overlook but because we had to bypass the Snake, I missed him. And I had my denim shirt too. But thank you to those who took pics and who will hopefully post them.

Thank you to Alan, Paul, and Andrew for being there. I mean it. They are part of the team of lead drivers for each of our groups. Without them, this drive could NOT happen. They have been so gracious about leading and they do such a wonderful job of coordinating with me that it makes the whole event seem mostly effortless. But please realize that those guys are working hard to keep you safe and having a fun time out there. And Paul, you missed it, but there was a round of applause at the bottom of Tuna Canyon for the effort that you, Alan, and Andrew put in. You are loved by all of use.

And thank you to all those who stepped up to being tail drivers and dealing with the silly walkie-talkies. Keeping the leaders informed of any issues and that all is well with the crew makes it so much easier to lead. In the Lotus, I can't see sh!t out the back of car. Visibility is non-existant. So having the tail drivers back there letting me know that everyone cleared a corner or traffic light makes all the difference in the world.

And... I dunno. I'm sure I'm forgetting something (I always forget one thing). Thank you everyone for a great day. I hope you all enjoyed the drive as much as I did. It's a lot of work, but when I see people hopping around and excited after a good run down Tuna Canyon, it makes it all worthwhile.

You all ROCK!
Old 03-23-2014, 05:48 PM

This is sad, but I only took three pics. And one of them is mostly useless. But here are the two that were taken with something only slightly better than a potato.

Old 03-23-2014, 06:17 PM

I guessed I washed my car and gassed her up...for next quarter. I'll check the site in a few months
Old 03-23-2014, 07:25 PM

Photo credit Alan Lau. I'm sure he will post other pics soon, but until then, I stole this one.
Attached Thumbnails The EOM is dead.  Long live the EOQ!-20140323.jpg  
Old 03-23-2014, 07:51 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For being my first canyon run,I had a lot of fun. Got to meet a lot of great people! Roseanne and who ever else is responsible for making this event happen, I believe you people did a great job!
Old 03-23-2014, 08:07 PM

Received 3,095 Likes on 1,708 Posts

I'm glad the brownies got munched. I still have some with nuts. Not good since I'm on Weight Watchers.

Roseanne, thank you! I love your list of directions. Very well done. I liked your safety speech, too. I really think it helps keep people smarter about driving.

Old 03-23-2014, 08:24 PM

Thank you Roseanne,Andrew and the rest of the group.. I had so much fun....nice cars and nice people!! Thanks for the brownies Patty! See you all next time!

Quick Reply: The EOM is dead. Long live the EOQ!