Member S2000 Classifieds and For Sale Items for sale by Members. PAID MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED to post classified ads with a paid membership.
Mark this thread as Sold

Cypress, TX FS: V1 w/case and remote audio $325.00

Old 04-28-2014, 05:38 PM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Cypress, TX FS: V1 w/case and remote audio $325.00

FS: V1 w/case and remote audio

First Name: Jeff
Price: 325 shipped within the US OBO

V1 Serial Number 8082940658 (399)
V1 Carrying Case (29)
V1 Remote Audio Adapter with ESP (49)

V1 Description: Radar circuitry known in-house as V1.8. This is a strong performer on both radar and laser as it leaves the factory, but it lacks the crystal-controlled frequency tuning of later units to precisely maintain the limits of band coverage. It also lacks POP Protection, Euro Mode, ESP (Extended Serial Protocol), and Traffic Monitor Filter, a critically important feature if you drive on highways where the SpeedInfo system is used to monitor traffic flow.

You can going to need a new Cig lighter plug, coiled cord if you want portability (I am including the ones I have, but the cug lighter plug is missing the tip and the insolation is broken on the coiled cord. Also a few new suction cups are in order.

I am including everything seen in the picture and the hardwire connection kit (Still in the car, just need to pull it).

Old 04-30-2014, 12:18 PM

Price Lowered. Bump
Old 05-28-2014, 10:19 AM

BUMP

Next stop EBay
Old 03-26-2015, 03:03 PM

BUMP

One more try, offers welcome
Old 03-28-2015, 01:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stratocaster
BUMP

One more try, offers welcome

The hard part for you is that this radar (I looked it up on the Valentine site by the provided serial #) will cost $289 to upgrade to the latest firmware. I am in the market for a radar myself but I can buy a new one for $400. Granted I would not get some of the extras you have listed but in my case I don't need them. Anyway this may be why you are not getting any bites. Hope you get it sold.
Old 03-30-2015, 06:06 AM

Here is V1 REport on this. I have always thought their upgrade costs were high. I am open to offers.

STATUS REPORT ON YOUR

Serial Number 8082940658

V1 Description: Radar circuitry known in-house as V1.8. This is a strong performer on both radar and laser as it left the factory, but it lacks the crystal-controlled frequency tuning of later units to precisely maintain the limits of band coverage. It also lacks POP Protection, Euro Mode, ESP (Extended Serial Protocol), and Traffic Monitor Filter, a critically important feature if you drive on highways where the SpeedInfo system is used to monitor traffic flow.

UPGRADE PROPOSAL FOR YOUR

Serial Number 8082940658
Our upgrade to V1.85 w/ESP, Improved Euro Mode plus Traffic Monitor Filter and Junk-K Fighter will produce the following benefits:

Traffic Monitor Filter was created to eliminate false alarms caused by SpeedInfo, a traffic-flow monitoring system that sends frequent K-band radar bursts into the traffic stream

Junk-K Fighter blocks false alarms caused by K-band lane-change warning systems in some newer cars.

Improved Euro Mode, now with K-band coverage expanded to include the lower frequency photo radar devices in use in some European countries (V1 is already optimized for North American radar as it comes from the factory; Euro Mode is not for driving here). For specific frequency details, click here. This upgrade will install the Euro Mode but you must activate it. To activate, see http://www.valentine1.com/Lab/techreport3.asp

Crystal-controlled Frequency Tuning to permanently safeguard coverage at radar-band edges.

Extended Serial Protocol (ESP) enables two-way communication with SAVVY and V1connection.

POP Coverage on Ka band: Note: POP Protection on K band is incompatible with Traffic Monitor Filter. K-band POP radar is rarely used but if you are concerned about it, you may choose to deactivate TMF which will restore Full Coverage on K-band POP. For deactivation instructions, click here.

How to identify V1s upgraded to POP: V1 powers up with test sequence of warning lights and sounds. At the conclusion of the test, just before the mode indicator appears in the Bogey Counter, you will see a sequence of "P…o…P" on V1s with POP coverage.

* A new warning: When the signal-identification system determines that a current warning is, in fact, a spurious signal transmitted by another detector, it notifies you with a "dee-dah-doo" sound and terminates the warning. At the same time, the letter "J" will flash briefly in the Bogey Counter.

*One-year limited warranty, same as new units, starting at upgrade date.

*--Instant Upgrade to V1.85 w/ESP, Improved Euro Mode, Traffic Monitor Filter activated and Junk-K Fighter activated: As soon as we receive your old unit (in operable condition with no tampering of the serial number) we'll exchange it for a brand-new, current-production V1. This is our way of assuring you'll be without V1 protection for the shortest time.

PRICE: $289 plus shipping