Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

Charlottesville, VA -- Meet/Eat/Street -- Sunday, July 13

Old 05-23-2003, 05:27 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Rodney (rwr4a) and I are working on a Charlottesville-area S2000-only owner's meet. Anyone that attended the last one that Rodney cooked up for us knows it was a real hoot!!! Nice twisties and all that

Rodney is tweaking the road course a little bit from what was done on June 22. We will still end up at Barboursville, but hopefully without having to take the slow jaunt down the gravel/dirt road. Also, there will be a planned stop in the middle for pictures and/or refreshments.

Place to meet: Michie Tavern

Day to meet: Sunday, July 13th

Time to meet: 11am to Meet...noon to Eat...1pm to Street

...of course, a suitable drive will follow

Rodney just made preliminary arrangements with the folks at Michie Tavern regarding our meal. Rodney has to give a final number a few days before the meet, so there is some flexibility, but it will be best to get this worked out sooner rather than later -- so if you're in, then say you're in . They are going to try to cooperate with us and block off a section of the parking lot, so Rodney will also need to give them an estimate on the total number of cars we will have. They can't necessarily guarantee X number of reserved spaces, but they will try to meet our needs as best they can since they may have large tour buses and such to deal with as well. The per-person cost for lunch will be $15.70 -- that already includes tax and tip. We can't all pay separately, so everyone will need to plan ahead and have cash sufficient to cover their meal....I will collect the money and pay for the group as a whole (because I will be reimbursed by you! ).

We are also going to plan the drive in such a manner as we will end up at Barboursville Vineyard. At $3 for a variety-tasting, maybe a sampling or two will be in the cards for some of you (BUT obviously a caveate to that is folks will be driving home from this...so no heavy imbibing! ).

So...who's in???
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]

BTW, it is worth noting that this event is being held on the same weekend that airgate is putting together a mid-summer Dragon visit. But that just gives owners more options to consider if they don't wish to drive quite so far (but are figuring on attending DragonBall 2003 in September ).

Thanks...and again, Stay Tuned!!!

- Dave

PS. Here's a lil' sumpin from Michie Tavern (be sure to click the link above for more info on Michie ).

Old 05-23-2003, 05:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK....I'll be there!
Old 05-23-2003, 06:15 AM

Received 2,662 Likes on 1,595 Posts

I'm posting my interest...not sure if the drive part will be too aggressive for my taste (of course I could bring up the rear!), but cruising down to Charlottesville for lunch and meeting more members would be great. The only rally I've done was one with the Porsche Club out to Va wine country, but I wouldn't call that one aggressive.
Old 05-23-2003, 06:44 AM

My parents are talking about visiting from Nebraska around that time.... but if they aren't here, I'll join in!
Old 05-23-2003, 07:36 AM

ooooooooo i am definatly in! i have family in huddleston *between ronoake and lynchburg* and i love it down there.....any excuse i get to go there i will take especially when it is an s2000 meet! the only thing that sucks is that i work till 6 that saturday so i would have to drive down there saturday night then come home sunday night cause i have to work at 9am monday.....oh well its all worth it for the s
Old 05-23-2003, 07:52 AM

Yeah I am in!
Old 05-23-2003, 07:57 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by w1ngman
[B]
Old 05-23-2003, 08:36 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MyBad
[B]

So Dave, how do I know if I'm a nice-sized owner or not?

You got special measurement requirements? (I hope you won't be using airgate's 4" ruler!)
Old 05-23-2003, 09:08 AM

I usually don't pre-plan that far into the future, but count me in for now.

Please and thank you,

LT
Old 05-23-2003, 09:28 AM

Received 2,662 Likes on 1,595 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MyBad
[B]

So Dave, how do I know if I'm a nice-sized owner or not?

You got special measurement requirements? (I hope you won't be using airgate's 4" ruler!)

Quick Reply: Charlottesville, VA -- Meet/Eat/Street -- Sunday, July 13