UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Seat options?

Old 06-15-2010, 03:44 AM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Seat options?

Ok i'm starting to pull my hair out with this!

As per most things on the S2000, nothing is simple and you can never find straight answers.

I'm looking for an aftermarket seats which is a bit lower (I have Buddy Club rails) and whihc hold you in place. The OEM seats are very nice but very slippery and don't support at the sides. CG is a last ditch option.

The problem is that all of them seem to have some sort of fitting issue or are too small. I'm hardly a fat bastard at 5"11 and 34" waist.

Recaro Pole Position is what I decided on, but there seems to be a big issue with the seat belt clip access. I wouldnt' like to struggle tasking that off in a smash. Making an extension pushes the lap belt up too high apparently.

http://www.s2kologist.com/my-car/interior

Recaro SPG fits ok but is VERY small, same with the Buddy Club regualr size.

Both do an larger version of seat though and sounds like the Buddy Club is the one which might fit and not have seat belt clip issues. Can anyone confirm? I've PM'd J8mie to find out too.

So at the moment it's looking like the Buddy Club large is the only option!

There is things like Bride Gias, but i'm not prepared to shell out a load for a seat.

Anyone have any experience in this area?
Old 06-15-2010, 03:46 AM
UK Moderator

Received 300 Likes on 258 Posts

Have you thought of getting the Modifry seat belt locks? Mikeyk has reported they are a bit better than the CG locks.

A lot cheaper than new seats.

Alternatively, stick some velcro to the seats, and to your trousers
Old 06-15-2010, 05:52 AM
MB

Will have a look, Modifry site seems to be down at the moment though.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:33 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Mark, have you considered dumping the seatbelt and getting a harness?
Old 06-15-2010, 06:37 AM

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

JDM seats with the cloth centres grip you a lot more but still dont have high enough bolsters, a cheaper option maybe....
Old 06-15-2010, 06:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Take some padding out of the bottom of the regular seat and shove it into the bolsters.
The seat will seem lower and the bolsters will seem higher and be more rigid.

This first idea is free, if you want any more cunning ideas then they'll cost you £65+vat each.
Cheques payable to Robs Cunning Ideas ltd
Old 06-15-2010, 06:51 AM

Received 40 Likes on 39 Posts

Mark, I am about the same size, maybe a little bigger, and that is the problem I have been finding, something that doesn't compromise the centre console and something that uses the OEM seat belts.

If it truly is a track car...Get a bar welded in...lose the centre console..harnesses....voila!

Any reason why you haven't been considering harnesses? Gives the car a little more "purpose" when you are getting in!

http://mazworx.wordpress.com/2010/05/25/cu...00-harness-bar/
Old 06-15-2010, 06:53 AM
MB

Steven, did you have any issues with your seat belt clips? I know yours are the smaller ones but still interested to know.

I'd like a harness but there seems to be some safety issues with doing it, and I couldn't find a harness which didn't need major interior surgery.

Mr Irish, i've looked for some for a while but no luck. I guess I could get the OEM ones retrimmed in alcantara / suede?

Rob, Most cunning. Don't want to mess with the OEM seat really.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:59 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by MB,Jun 15 2010, 02:53 PM
Steven, did you have any issues with your seat belt clips? I know yours are the smaller ones but still interested to know.

I had to cut a little bit off of one of the brackets to be able to fit the seatbelt clip onto the side of the seat. This means that the seatbelt clip can rotate a bit but I have never had an issue with this.

I'd like a harness but there seems to be some safety issues with doing it, and I couldn't find a harness which didn't need major interior surgery.
I can remember seeing a neat install where someone had fitted a bar into the boot and used this as an anchor point for the harness.

Old 06-15-2010, 07:04 AM
MB

I thought the issue would be that the bolsters are so high that the clip would have to be extended? That's the problem on the Pole Position.

Quick Reply: Seat options?