S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

AP2 with Eibach Pro Kit

Old 08-14-2010, 02:50 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default AP2 with Eibach Pro Kit

Hi,

I installed some Eibach Pro Kits onto my AP2 with V2 wheels on my stock shocks.

This thread is mainly for people who are looking around these forums, and are having a hard time finding a definitive example illustrating such a setup - just like I did.

Everything is OEM besides the springs.

Thank you Gruppe-S for the springs. I installed them myself with the help of a bunch of my friends, and I got an awesome sunburn as a gift.

I didn't take any measurements prior or after, besides using the finger gap test - currently have about 2 fingers all the way around. Hopefully they'll settle a bit more in the front, as I have heard the typical gap for an AP2 with Eibach Pro Kits is 2 fingers in the rear, and 1 finger in the front.

I haven't gotten an alignment yet, but I'm going to wait a week to let the springs settle a bit first.

BTW, the ride is practically stock - tis awesome.. I would highly rec. these springs for anybody daily driving their car.

I only have 1 picture for now, but it shows pretty clearly the wheel-to-fender gap pretty well as some other pictures are kind of hard to tell...

Name:  ap2eibachprokit.jpg
Views: 4424
Size:  61.3 KB
The following users liked this post:
99MCoupe (11-13-2018)
Old 08-14-2010, 08:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks Great! My springs are currently in transit from Gruppe-S. Thanks for posting the pic.
Old 08-15-2010, 10:21 AM

i like it!
Old 08-15-2010, 12:56 PM

^ thank you sir!

i might as well ask in here if anybody can help:

my front right is 1/4" higher than the other side(s)... it annoyed me so much, that i re-preloaded the front right suspension again, retorqued everything and its still about 1/4" higher...

i haven't yet gotten an alignment yet, so im *hoping* that will clear up the difference.. it's hard to tell by eye, but im pretty anal about these things...

can anybody chime in?
Old 08-16-2010, 10:49 AM

update:

got an alignment and the 1/4" height difference has turned into like a 0.2 difference... the ride is awesome, and i was able to get an OEM spec alignment done. the little difference is something im gonna have to live with i guess, unless i go to coilovers later.

anyway, springs feel great, and car feels awesome
Old 08-17-2010, 02:15 AM

thanks for posting this up, i was wondering how it would look with the pro-kit
Old 08-18-2010, 09:21 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The difference of .2 of an inch will settle...If it hasn't then the different is maybe due to you parking and measuring the ride height on uneven ground. Also could be due to the spring not sitting on the spring seat evenly/flush. I would check the spring and the surroundigs of it then preload everything on that side again if you see no difference in 2 weeks or so.

here is my car when I had Eibach prokits on it a few years ago...

Old 08-18-2010, 09:48 AM

^ awesome, thanks for the post.

from what i can tell, the gap is settling down a bit more, so i'll just leave it be.

i tired to fix it by the methods you metnioned, and to still no avail it was still a little higher..

i don't really care anymore, i'm not losing sleep over it like how i did when i first noticed it haha
Old 08-20-2010, 08:43 AM

nice man.

I would like a mild drop like this, but the talk of throwing off the suspension geometery with the lowered ride height has me hesitant. I would hate to loose the cornering pleasure and capabilities that the stock suspension offers. Have you noticed any thing different during hard driving?

Also, has anyone had the stock shocks fail earlier then the should due to this amount of drop?
Old 08-20-2010, 08:46 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Eibach springs were designed to work with the stock shocks and ride pretty nicely.

The main thing to know is to measure from the center hub to the fender on all 4 corners and have 13 inches between those...You are good to go.

Quick Reply: AP2 with Eibach Pro Kit